Will North Korea Nuke South Korea?

The North is full of talk and no vigor. They can barely support their own nation and their nukes are a deterrent and threat only. A war with South Korea would also involve the US and NATO. They simply cannot afford such a war; their are reports of cannibalism in some parts of North Korea due to the famine being so bad. In addition their military technology and weaponry are outdated and obsolete compared to any NATO force. The only way I can see such a war being in their favor is if Russia or China joined sides with them - although it should be noted China is getting upset with North Korea as they continue to make problems for the Chinese. As for the Russians who knows but I don't think Russia is interested in a war. Vladimir Putin might still be thinking in Cold War terms but the rest of Russia has clearly moved on. I think the North Koreans themselves are more likely to start a civil war than ever attack another nation. There is no gain for them and it would just lead to the destruction of North Korea (see nuclear warhead strengths in my article linked below).

For more information on what I think about North Korea and their phony threats you can read it here: http://patriotsmovement.com/2013/north-korea-twits-threaten/

I think it will be a mad rush between the US and China to who nukes them first... because both are just itching to nuke someone, China being a virgin to nuking anyone at this stage, could very well be them who does the job.

I intend to sit back and watch it burn. :coffee: Maybe either one would be kind enough to add Indonesia to their list, whilst at it.

NK will not nuke SK without first establishing some justification. That's how these things work. Most countries (and people) will only act against others after the action has been made the fault of the other person. NK will need to create a flag (false or not) to justify action.

The blame just happened:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/03/world/asia/koreas-tensions/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

"The moment of explosion is approaching fast. No one can say a war will break out in Korea or not and whether it will break out today or tomorrow," North Korea's state news agency KCNA declared in its latest broadside. "The responsibility for this grave situation entirely rests with the U.S. administration and military warmongers keen to encroach upon the DPRK's sovereignty and bring down its dignified social system with brigandish logic."

Now you can worry.

Couldn't the world just knock out their nuke silo's, I mean they can't be that difficult to locate.

nkorea.webp

Couldn't the world just knock out their nuke silo's, I mean they can't be that difficult to locate.
North Korea is not a thread to anyone other than South Korea... and even that would be short lived. It is all talk, all attention... all stupidity on their behalf. They don't have the capability to affect much outside their immediate vicinity.

I think the DPRK has capability to attach American bases, fleets and even the U.S mainland with ballistic missiles armed with nuclear weapons. Some of the their missiles can reach the U.S west cost and the city of Los Angeles could be a prime target.

The thread title should be will DPRK nuke ROK and the U.S.A !

DY20121214110045875L0.jpg
Yeah... no, they don't. Relax.

Here is what happens if North Korea nukes anyone...

U.K., China, France, India, Pakistan, Russia, United States, and Israel all drop one on North Korea.

1-faac.webp

(I'm here for the gang bang)

North Korea? What North Korea?

Unofficially (technically), that is actually the deterrent (policy) of every nuclear power not to use their nuclear power for weapons. It's not exactly been the fear of nuclear war that has prevented anyone from using nukes (though that is obviously part of it), but rather the outcome (retaliation) that would fall upon anyone who was stupid enough to do it.

No.
Surely the ruling party understands they will be forcibly removed from dictatorship if they do.
It's saber rattling.

I'm sure North Korea doesn't want US drones hovering overhead doing what they want.

North Korea is a sad place. Absolute Power corrupts Absolutely.

No.
Surely the ruling party understands they will be forcibly removed from dictatorship if they do.
It's saber rattling.

I'm sure North Korea doesn't want US drones hovering overhead doing what they want.

North Korea is a sad place. Absolute Power corrupts Absolutely.

I would tend to agree but in all honesty I think its another diversion from whats really going on in this country. NK knows the consequences should they directly attack US interests.

The sad thing for me in all this is China. They have an opportunity to step up into world politics now for the good of the planet and help to sort this out, by getting tough (in diplomatic terms) with North Korea. But they won't, because like Russia they will always only take the anti-West, anti-Europe and anti-US stance, even if it means supporting - by not condemning - a ridiculous regime.

We don't need to go to war though and we never need to nuke anyone. Such a senseless and catastrophic loss of innocent lives not to mention poisoning the planet with radioactivity can't ever be an option.

Top Bottom