Will North Korea Nuke South Korea?

North Korea warned on Tuesday that foreigners in South Korea should look for shelter or consider evacuating because the Korean Peninsula was on the brink of nuclear war. But the South Korean president, Park Geun-hye, said she remained determined not to succumb to the North's efforts to escalate tensions to extract concessions from the South.

The North’s warning followed a similar advisory last week in which it told foreign embassies in the North Korean capital, Pyongyang, to devise evacuation plans. --- Source (continues) The New York Times

Its unlike North Korea to give warnings like this..... Let me make that clearer....

Sure they talk a big game and yes, they do give out some crazy warnings. That is to be expected from North Korea. But normally their warnings are "all over the place". This time their warning seem more "planned" and "focused" along the same lines.

I want to say they're not stupid enough to do anything "really stupid" .... But I can't bring myself to say that. I think they just maybe dumb enough.

North Korea warned on Tuesday that foreigners in South Korea should look for shelter or consider evacuating because the Korean Peninsula was on the brink of nuclear war. But the South Korean president, Park Geun-hye, said she remained determined not to succumb to the North's efforts to escalate tensions to extract concessions from the South.

The North’s warning followed a similar advisory last week in which it told foreign embassies in the North Korean capital, Pyongyang, to devise evacuation plans. --- Source (continues) The New York Times

Its unlike North Korea to give warnings like this..... Let me make that clearer....

Sure they talk a big game and yes, they do give out some crazy warnings. That is to be expected from North Korea. But normally their warnings are "all over the place". This time their warning seem more "planned" and "focused" along the same lines.

I want to say they're not stupid enough to do anything "really stupid" .... But I can't bring myself to say that. I think they just maybe dumb enough.

let's just hope they don't do anything stupid. It's highly unlikely they will take action but I follow the rule "never say never" as you never know what runs through the mind of a mad man.

tumblr_mh789vOvph1qz7k5jo1_500.jpg

knees.jpg

I often wonder if we really realise what they're capable of.
I mean they're supposedly in the dark ages compared to most of the world, yet, they're supposedly responsible for some apparently sophisticated cyber attacks against South korea

I mean they're supposedly in the dark ages compared to most of the world, yet, they're supposedly responsible for some apparently sophisticated cyber attacks against South korea
There is some propaganda in the news anytime you hear them talking about another country. Which is alarming when you think about it.... Is our news really news or is it what we're told and allowed to hear?!

I think it's more the citizens that are in the dark ages. For example, you don't see many trees in North Korea, because the locals chop them down for wood so they can stay warm, ut North Korea have one of the largest and most powerful military forces in the world... How does a country that can't afford to feed its people afford one of the largest military forces? By putting all your money into it, and not giving a damn about your people. I'm guessing if they were behind that cyber attack, it was funded by the money they put into their defensive unit.

I still think North Korea are bluffing, because not even China -- their allies -- are supporting North Korea with this one. Would they really be stupid enough to start anything while on their own?

This should make interesting viewing - on BBC1 tonight @ 8.30pm BST for viewers in the UK & Ireland, and those in Europe with big dishes pointed at the right Astra satellite and with Freesat, Sky or FTV boxes. Available soon after for catch-up on the BBC iPlayer.

It will also be shown on BBC World News over the weekend of 20th-21st April.

BBC insists Panorama North Korea programme will go on

The BBC says an edition of Panorama filmed secretly on a university study trip to North Korea is due to be broadcast as planned despite claims students may have been put in danger.

Three BBC journalists accompanied 10 London School of Economics students and spent eight days in the country.

The university and its students' union have demanded the corporation withdraw the programme.

But the BBC said the film was strongly in the public interest.

Alex Peters-Day of the LSE students' union said the programme should be dropped because students were lied to and could not give informed consent.

But BBC head of news programmes Ceri Thomas said the North Korean government was the only party the corporation had deceived.

"We have a duty to give enough information to people on a trip like this so they can give us fully informed consent," he said.

"There were 10 students. We told them there would be a journalist on the trip and, if that journalist was discovered, it could mean detention and that it could mean arrest."

MORE

Look how people quickly forget Pakistan and Afghanistan. US is leaving toys just like Iran. Hmmmm.... wonder if US is leaving toys for North Korea...

Top Bottom