Will licensing be automatic?

Martyn

Just wondering how licensing will happen? once we pay will we automaticly get the software? etc is there a members area? etc etc etc???

That was really more of a sarcastic comment by me...There are obviously a lot of other factors involved in process - auto-approval probably has little influence over pricing.

People who fraud software companies could care less whether or not they can receive support or updates, because if the system lets them through the first time with automatic activation, it will let them through every time they decide to try again. You don't know how easy it is to place a fraudulent order through PayPal. I'd say that somewhere in the range of 25% of the orders that I receive for skins are fraudulent that I reverse manually before providing download access.

Immediate activation makes pirating software like stealing candy from a baby. It doesn't stop it, no, nothing will...but a lot of companies have a manual approval process to at least slow down pirating. Adobe and IPS both do, I know. What really p*isses me off is when I don't pick up on a fraudulent order myself during approval and provide support for my product for months and then have the payment reversed on a chargeback later on because the buyer did not authorize payment. With automatic approval, this stuff would be rampant...and the vendor may have to increase prices to compensate. Who knows, could have something to do with the reason that vB is notably more expensive than IPB. vB licenses are activated immediately, IPB licenses are not ;)
I have to agree, people who usually pirate software including skins and such don't even want support because they know the languages pretty well (PHP< HTML and such) some are even masters at it. They just want a one time access to get the source to "null" it.

there prob have a scam warning system, or even set paypal to help do it, and it will flag an account for review.... but us people who have business paypal accounts shouldnt be effected, everythings all validated.. :)

Even if you require manual approval it will still be nulled and pirated. From then on anyone who wants the software will just pirate it instead of trying something like buying it legitimately and then issuing a charge-back, so the manual approval will do nothing.

I could understand them manually reviewing the product, which is fine by me, if it stops them from losing some money. I'd like to be able to immediately download the product, but it's not a extremely big deal if I don't. I mean I know you'll never stop people from stealing the software, but you can help prevent it in someway.

Even if you require manual approval it will still be nulled and pirated. From then on anyone who wants the software will just pirate it instead of trying something like buying it legitimately and then issuing a charge-back, so the manual approval will do nothing.
agreed, all software has been nulled, doesnt that show its good software tho? :P but its still wrong... lol i must admit before i brought vbulletin, i had a null version... null version doesnt give you access to vb.org which is all vbulletin is.. the community.

agreed, all software has been nulled, doesnt that show its good software tho? :p but its still wrong... lol i must admit before i brought vbulletin, i had a null version... null version doesnt give you access to vb.org which is all vbulletin is.. the community.
They null socialengine; definitely not good software.

I agree, there are benefits of having a license. I've seen a lot of times people using nulled software who end up buying the real thing. I use a DJ program called Virtual DJ and I've seen countless people who used an illegal version to start and ended up buying the full version.

Top Bottom