Add-on WidgetPortal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks very nice indeedy and very flexible. What do you mean by custom code as a one-off ... just do it for intradox or for the widgetportal? If the latter I'd look at help funding the coding for it.

Looks very nice indeedy and very flexible. What do you mean by custom code as a one-off ... just do it for intradox or for the widgetportal? If the latter I'd look at help funding the coding for it.
It would be one-off as it would be custom coding something into the widget portal that can not be distributed by a third party due to it's license:
"You must not directly or indirectly license, sub-license, sell or resell the Work, or redistribute the Work alone (even for free), or offer to do any of these things. All of these things are referred to as Resale."

"
You may use the Work alone or you may incorporate the Work into another work you are creating."

Basically I couldn't resell the royal slider code. I suppose I *could* sell an add-on that would make use of the royal slider plugin, but the user would have to supply the royal slider license and code. IE I'd code the xenforo side of things and then the buyer would need to buy royal slider and add that to their site. If anyone wants to get together to fund that let me know.

I'd be interested in that, depending on cost of the code and how many people are interested.
It would depend on the functionality. If it's basically just hard coding options and changing display that's not a big job. However, to make it as flexible as possible with options that could be anywhere from 1 hour to days work of work.

Also I found this: (http://dimsemenov.com/plugins/royal-slider/faq/)
Can I use slider in my WordPress theme for resale (or CMS, web app, mobile app, e.t.c.) ?

This requires a CodeCanyon extended license which isn't turned off by default on my plugins and costs 5x the base price. You may contact me with an explanation of your project and where you want to use slider.
So it could be licensed for including in an add-on. Which would be $60 + development cost.

Widget Portal ALPHA Release

WARNING: This is ALPHA release! Do not install on a live forum. Do not install on a forum that you care about the data. Do install on a test forum. This is for testing ONLY.

This add-on is a portal for xenForo.
Demo: http://verybestdesign.com

Requirements:
Features:

• [Portal] Home Page /home
  • [Portal] Available as root node / (ie. you can run your portal from www.yoursite.com)
  • [Portal] Article View for Specific Forums
  • [Widget] Carousel
  • [Widget] Recent Threads Widget for Specific Forums
How to:
  • To administer the portal first set your options in the admin.
    • example.com/admin.php?options/list/widgetportal
  • Configure height / width
    • example.com/admin.php?styles/{your style here}/style-properties&group=widgetportal
  • Add widgets to the portal
    • example.com/admin.php?widget-portal/
    • There's 4 placement options
      • Featured (Above the Left Sidebar and Main Content)
      • Left Sidebar
      • Main Content
      • Right Sidebar
Carousel Widget:
  • You'll want to make sure you add the "Frontend Configuration Widget" to your sidebar as that allows you to edit the carousel's contents. (Next version I'll check and do this automatically.)
  • Also you'll need to set the can edit carousel permission and add your user group.
  • Automatically pulls the first image. Use Frontend Widget to configure.
Recent Threads Widget:
  • Configuration is done when adding the widget. Choose the type of threads to display and where to place it.
Please report any bugs or issues in this thread. You might ask why not in the resource manager. Well I feel that is for production add-ons. Since this is ALPHA testing version, I'll keep is separate for now.

Finally one last warning. Please only install this for testing. Don't blame me if something terrible happens (although it shouldn't).

=== FAQ ===
Q. Why can't I edit what is in the carousel?
A. Check that you have added the "Frontend Configuration Widget" to your sidebar and added "Allow" to the can edit carousel permission.

Attachments

Heh.. why don't you release this in RM? I believe that will look more organized when discussion starts about this add-on

You might ask why not in the resource manager. Well I feel that is for production add-ons. Since this is ALPHA testing version, I'll keep is separate for now.

Once it's beta I'll put it in the resource manager but for ALPHA it's a limited release so it goes here. Once it's in the resource manager people will start installing it on live boards and for Alpha I don't want that.

You might ask why not in the resource manager. Well I feel that is for production add-ons. Since this is ALPHA testing version, I'll keep is separate for now
i didn't see this part..

BTW i am trying to figure things out now.. kind of confusing but nonetheless trying.. Heck i didn't even know i had to install [bd] Widget Framework first :D now i got it..

And a BIG thank you for releasing this Simbolo..(y)

i didn't see this part..
No worries :)
BTW i am trying to figure things out now.. kind of confusing but nonetheless trying.. Heck i didn't even know i had to install [bd] Widget Framework first :D now i got it..
Good call, made note in the release post. Thanks for pointing that out. Also if you're having difficulty, let me know where so I might be able to explain it or improve the work flow.
And a BIG thank you for releasing this Simbolo..(y)
Your welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom