Purpose: The main point of the add on is to allow WF widgets in all portal locations (left sidebar, main content, right sidebar). With some added content functionality (portal in root, promote threads, etc).
ALPHA Release Download here
Requested features under consideration:
- Detect that Widget Framework is installed. Fail install if it doesn't exist.
- Detect if Route Changer is enabled and disable/enable portal in root option within Widget Portal option screen.
- Add Widgets to non-sidebar positions other than on the Portal page. IE forum-home, forums, thread list, threads.
- "Watch" the Article Forums (Alerted to threads in article forums - see xfrocks [bd] forum watch)[Low on the priority list - Would likely make a better addon to forum watch.]
- Article Sections (Since xenforo already uses categories, I'll use section. Threads within the Article forums should have the ability to add a section. There should be a section list page displaying all sections and section page displaying all threads within that section. ) [Low on the priority list. XenTag should meet the needs of categories.]
[Recent Threads Widget]
- Promote Threads (All threads would have a "promote" button pushing the thread to the front page. The sort order would be by promote date, not publish date.
- Promoted Threads gain Article Look and Feel. Suggested Here
- Promote Threads Summary Input (Thread summary, used on portal instead of thread text)
- Promote Threads Poll (If promoted thread has a poll display it)
- Add Prefix to Promoted Threads. Prefix specified in Admin. Suggested here.
- Add different display options for threads. Specified here.
- Reproduce the Look and Feel of xenPorta's carousel.
- Specify post ids to display the first post's content.
- Displays recent threads from specified tags.