Add-on WidgetPortal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q: is there such a feature for [bd] Widgets ?

Note: I would say the answer to this is "No" as that is not part of the Portal mandate.
Disappointing... Was hoping this might act more like vbadvance. Would love to dump xenporta but its the only thing in the fire at the momemt.

Will there be an option to add the widgets to forum index, forums, threads, posts, and pages?
Do you mean to the non-sidebar section of forum index, forums, threads, etc?
Digital Doctor is correct in that that is beyond the current scope of this portal project. However, I'll add that to the requested features.

Suggestion: support XenTag for the Articles ?
Articles are just threads which should work with xentag.
Exactly, if tags are what is being requested then there's no need for sections. Sections would be hierarchical layout of articles:
Sports
  • baseball
  • hockey
  • football
Technology
  • computers
  • robotics
  • traveling to Mars
IMHO tags are what is really needed and that can be solved by using XenTag

Agreed: I think Tags ( XenTag) would be better than Categories.

I think a paid option would be nice.
or a crowd funded option.

It'll be a carousel but I'm going to implement it slightly differently. I don't really want to depend on slider.jpg.

I plan on implementing it like this:
On homepage on the carousel there's an edit button.
[Overlay popup] Inputs for 5 thread ids. With input for order.
{Save} Automatically pulls first image from first post.
{Pop up closed}

To change the image click Edit
[Overlay Popup] Display listing of each current thread. Plus thumbnails for all attachments for the first post of each thread allowing you to choose the "featured" image.
About 70% done. Should be able to wrap this up tomorrow. Then I'll switch over to working on Recent Threads.

Can't wait to see it in action.
One feature I believe would differentiate yours with xenPorta is the ability to show poll when you promote a thread to the homepage. Right now, the poll does not show on Xencarta home.

You think it's technically feasible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom