Add-on WidgetPortal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks
Whats with the empty space above the threads on the left sidebar?
Why is the carousel not centered? is it possible?

Thanks
Whats with the empty space above the threads on the left sidebar?
Why is the carousel not centered? is it possible?
Do you have a link I can look at? Or screenshot. Carousel should be centered. Is that with the default style?

Ah if you make the web page more narrow you'll see that the left sidebar is constrained by the carousel. It's a setting you can configure.
There's 4 placement options, here's how I currently have it:
  • Featured - Where carousel is set.
  • Left Sidebar - Threads Widget
  • Main Content - Recent Threads Widget
  • Right Sidebar - Multiple items.

I'm looking forward to when we are able to promote threads and have them on the left side under he slider, just like how tinhte.vn has it.

Anyone have any issues to report for the Widget Portal? Just dropping a note in here saying you installed it locally would be helpful.

Well you know I have it installed and have been passing on 'useful' feedback :p.

One thing I would like to know is if we will have the ability in future version to place widgets where we want on the page, not be constrained by having to have sidebars and a main content area?

This is a great addon and it's just in alpha :D.

Well you know I have it installed and have been passing on 'useful' feedback :p.
You've been a great help and certainly your help is appreciated.
One thing I would like to know is if we will have the ability in future version to place widgets where we want on the page, not be constrained by having to have sidebars and a main content area?

This is a great addon and it's just in alpha :D.
Like a drag and drop grid?

Can widgets be placed anywhere there's a hook now? I've not installed either this or the framework yet but thought that was possible.

Definitly a good start. As a non-coder, I couldn't find a way to make it look like a simple blog-like format. I want it to show all threads in a certain forum, but show most of it with a read more. It was only showing the first line and didn't seem to recognize any images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom