Resource icon

Widget Portal Beta 1.0.5

No permission to download
Sweet about time someone did another portal i currently use xenporta and even donated to the author and never got a question answered that i needed (the news module takes the first posted media from posts and puts it into a bit on the side - i had to remove the code to turn it off!). Xenporta is over complicated for what it is and while it works OK i would much prefer this system, will keep an eye on it :)

My first request is that you allow us to make simple "blocks" from the admin, xenporta doesn't let you. As in on my portal i have two blocks with just links to other sites, but in xenporta i had to enable debug mode and manually code the blocks it's just plain wrong and not even remotely user friendly.

My second request - how about a G+ box as well as the facebook and twitter ones?

A question - will it work with/any plans for a shoutbox block for use with taigachat?

Sweet about time someone did another portal i currently use xenporta and even donated to the author and never got a question answered that i needed (the news module takes the first posted media from posts and puts it into a bit on the side - i had to remove the code to turn it off!). Xenporta is over complicated for what it is and while it works OK i would much prefer this system, will keep an eye on it :)

My first request is that you allow us to make simple "blocks" from the admin, xenporta doesn't let you. As in on my portal i have two blocks with just links to other sites, but in xenporta i had to enable debug mode and manually code the blocks it's just plain wrong.

My second request - how about a G+ box as well as the facebook and twitter ones?

XenPorta is very powerful and very well done. I am a programmer so I can tell. The only issue with XenPorta is that some of it's queries aren't very well optimized and caching could have been better but those will affect only sites with a very high volume of traffic. This is a brilliant Add-On by Simbolo, but there is no need to criticize XenPorta to praise this. It is good people have options.

XenPorta has an HTML block where you can just put any html, so it could have been used for your other site links. This Addon by Simbolo is essentially an extension of WidgetFramework. So Whatever is possible in widgetframework will work here. Widget Framework has widgets for HTML and also Template includes. You can use those to create the blocks you want with this. Also Simbolo released FB, Twitter widgets earlier today so you should check those out.

My first request is that you allow us to make simple "blocks" from the admin, xenporta doesn't let you. As in on my portal i have two blocks with just links to other sites, but in xenporta i had to enable debug mode and manually code the blocks it's just plain wrong and not even remotely user friendly.

A question - will it work with/any plans for a shoutbox block for use with taigachat?
XenPorta is very powerful and very well done. I am a programmer so I can tell. The only issue with XenPorta is that some of it's queries aren't very well optimized and caching could have been better but those will affect only sites with a very high volume of traffic. This is a brilliant Add-On by Simbolo, but there is no need to criticize XenPorta to praise this. It is good people have options.

XenPorta has an HTML block where you can just put any html, so it could have been used for your other site links. This Addon by Simbolo is essentially an extension of WidgetFramework. So Whatever is possible in widgetframework will work here. Widget Framework has widgets for HTML and also Template includes. You can use those to create the blocks you want with this. Also Simbolo released FB, Twitter widgets earlier today so you should check those out.
Thanks for the kind words Liam Dawe and sadikd.

Sabikb is correct there's two blocks that you could simply add link to [Advanced] HTML and [Advanced] HTML (without wrapper) both of those will do what you need for adding links.

For the G+ block, if you can provide me an example I'll consider adding it.
No plans on the tiaga chat.
If you would like either of those coded send me a PC and we'll see what we can work out.

Finally, this is a Widget Portal release thread, not a bash XenPorta thread. While I know some of you dislike, XenPorta it is actually a decent add-on and one that served the community very well. So out of respect for Widget Portal and XenPorta, please leave the attacks on XenPorta out of this thread.

I won't post anymore on Xenporta after this but I have been vocal on my annoyance of it in it's thread i don't do a diss that to praise this it's my well known stance on it all. I don't hate xenporta i just dislike the authors lack of support even when someone like me has donated in the past.

For G+ just a block like the facebook one to like it? Nothing fancy.

I will keep an eye on this and see what comes of it when it gets stable :)

For G+ just a block like the facebook one to like it? Nothing fancy.
If you would like to contribute to a google+ widget I would be willing to figure it out. At the moment, I'm not sure if it's possible. Do you know if a google group has a public rss feed?

Screenshot from 2012-10-03 03:57:48.webp

Could not access the settings for this. Got myself the following white page in trying to do so.

Error log reports thus.....

Error Info
PHP:
ErrorException: Array to string conversion - library/XenForo/Model/Node.php:1255
Generated By: Adam, 1 minute ago

Stack Trace

PHP:
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Array to string...', '/home/sociall1/...', 1255, Array)
#1 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Node.php(1255): strval(Array)
#2 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Option/NodeChooser.php(60): XenForo_Model_Node->getNodeOptionsArray(Array, Array, '(unspecified)')
#3 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Option/NodeChooser.php(97): XenForo_Option_NodeChooser::getNodeOptions(Array, '(unspecified)', 'Forum')
#4 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/WidgetPortal/Option/ForumOptions.php(19): XenForo_Option_NodeChooser::_render('widgetportal_op...', Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), 'options', Array, false)
#5 [internal function]: WidgetPortal_Option_ForumOptions::renderForums(Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), 'options', Array, false)
#6 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php(327): call_user_func(Array, Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), 'options', Array, false)
#7 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php(71): XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::_renderCallbackOptionHtml(Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), 'options', Array, false)
#8 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php(33): XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionHtml(Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), Array, false, 'options')
#9 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewAdmin/Option/ListOptions.php(30): XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionsHtml(Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), Array, false)
#10 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(215): XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions->renderHtml()
#11 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php(63): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewAdm...', 'Html', Array, 'option_list')
#12 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(533): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView('XenForo_ViewAdm...', Array, 'option_list', NULL)
#13 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin), Array)
#14 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#15 {main}

Request State

PHP:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(75) "http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/admin.php?options/list/widgetportal"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["options/list/widgetportal"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

View attachment 35069

Could not access the settings for this. Got myself the following white page in trying to do so.

Error log reports thus.....

Error Info
PHP:
ErrorException: Array to string conversion - library/XenForo/Model/Node.php:1255
Generated By: Adam, 1 minute ago

Stack Trace

PHP:
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Array to string...', '/home/sociall1/...', 1255, Array)
#1 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Node.php(1255): strval(Array)
#2 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Option/NodeChooser.php(60): XenForo_Model_Node->getNodeOptionsArray(Array, Array, '(unspecified)')
#3 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Option/NodeChooser.php(97): XenForo_Option_NodeChooser::getNodeOptions(Array, '(unspecified)', 'Forum')
#4 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/WidgetPortal/Option/ForumOptions.php(19): XenForo_Option_NodeChooser::_render('widgetportal_op...', Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), 'options', Array, false)
#5 [internal function]: WidgetPortal_Option_ForumOptions::renderForums(Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), 'options', Array, false)
#6 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php(327): call_user_func(Array, Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), 'options', Array, false)
#7 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php(71): XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::_renderCallbackOptionHtml(Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), 'options', Array, false)
#8 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php(33): XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionHtml(Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), Array, false, 'options')
#9 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewAdmin/Option/ListOptions.php(30): XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionsHtml(Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), Array, false)
#10 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(215): XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions->renderHtml()
#11 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php(63): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewAdm...', 'Html', Array, 'option_list')
#12 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(533): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView('XenForo_ViewAdm...', Array, 'option_list', NULL)
#13 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin), Array)
#14 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#15 {main}

Request State

PHP:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(75) "http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/admin.php?options/list/widgetportal"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["options/list/widgetportal"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
This is odd for two reasons. The error itself is actually within XenForo code. My code is simply calling the xF node list for forums. Secondly, I don't get the error on any of my 4 installations.

What other addons do you have installed? I wouldn't think it's a conflict but would be nice to rule it out.

Also what version xF are you on?

This is odd for two reasons. The error itself is actually within XenForo code. My code is simply calling the xF node list for forums. Secondly, I don't get the error on any of my 4 installations.

What other addons do you have installed? I wouldn't think it's a conflict but would be nice to rule it out.

Also what version xF are you on?
From the error.... I'm thinking maybe a conflict with "nodes as tabs" ..... Since it is quoting node.php which is part of XenForo, but of course the one add-on which would hook into there the most would be "nodes as tabs"

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/nodes-as-tabs.9/

I'm also using php 5.4 if that means anything to you.... Often I find some odd error because there are still people who code without using php 5.4

From the error.... I'm thinking maybe a conflict with "nodes as tabs" ..... Since it is quoting node.php which is part of XenForo, but of course the one add-on which would hook into there the most would be "nodes as tabs"

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/nodes-as-tabs.9/
I have that installed , but not enabled I'll see if that causes the issue. Also are you on xf 1.1.3?
I'm also using php 5.4 if that means anything to you....
5.4 could make a difference. I'm coding in 5.3.17 as that matches what I have in production. So that could be an issue.
Often I find some odd error because there are still people who code without using php 5.4
I would say most have yet to upgrade to 5.4 judging by the usage overall.

I like it, very mahas a similar onene layoutish.
Can you consider something like that for the slider?
Tinhte.vn has s similar one and they use xenporta
It is similar to engadget.com
I think that is better way to represent lot of data

Can you consider something like that for the slider?
Tinhte.vn has s similar one and they use xenporta
It is similar to engadget.com
I think that is better way to represent lot of data
Certainly considering it. Likely won't get to it for a while though. Others items are higher on the feature list at the moment.

Certainly considering it. Likely won't get to it for a while though. Others items are higher on the feature list at the moment.
like promote article? ;)
That's the main thing that still missing from xenporta which prevents a lot of people from using it.

like promote article? ;)
That's the main thing that still missing from xenporta which prevents a lot of people from using it.
I've got a few widgets, and an update to the current functionality to complete before tackling that, but yes that is on the horizon.

This is looking pretty good so far!

I do have a question in regard to the carousel. You need to specify a thread id, which I have, and it puts the caption of the thread on the pic. Is there a way to specify more threads for the carousel to pull from? I really don't want the same caption on all the rotating items.

Thanks!

Oh, Recent posts widget is sort of gigantic, any way to add options to slim it down some?

Top Bottom