Resource icon

Widget Portal Beta 1.0.5

No permission to download
This is looking pretty good so far!

I do have a question in regard to the carousel. You need to specify a thread id, which I have, and it puts the caption of the thread on the pic. Is there a way to specify more threads for the carousel to pull from? I really don't want the same caption on all the rotating items.

Thanks!

Oh, Recent posts widget is sort of gigantic, any way to add options to slim it down some?
Carousel: there's a link "Add Article" that will allow you to add more threads.
Recent Threads Widget: Easiest way is to just edit the css to slim the margins, padding, etc down.

Do you mind adding categories? And by categories I mean REAL categories with sub-categories like wordpress.

Do you mind adding categories? And by categories I mean REAL categories with sub-categories like wordpress.
I have no plans to add categories to Widget Portal. That would make a better plugin like XenTags but for hierarchical organization say called XenSections (xenForo already uses the term "category" for something else).

XenTags isn't suited for categories imo. Tags ≠ categories. It's like saying wordpress doesn't need categories because it has tags, plus there are no "sub-tags". I mentioned this because I would love to use a xenforo based news portal with a categorization feature like in wordpress.

XenTags isn't suited for categories imo. Tags ≠ categories. It's like saying wordpress doesn't need categories because it has tags, plus there are no "sub-tags". I mentioned this because I would love to use a xenforo based news portal with a categorization feature like in wordpress.
I didn't say it was I said there should be a seperate plugin like XenTags but for categories, say called XenSections.
That would make a better plugin like XenTags but for hierarchical organization say called XenSections (xenForo already uses the term "category" for something else)

Great add-on! I am still learning the ins and outs of this. A few comments/questions:

With the carousel- the Add Article link is not very obvious. I had to spend a bit of time until I figured out where it was.

Recent Threads- I installed, it pulled threads from a few days ago, and one that I did subsequent to installation. I have almost all forums selected to pull from, so I don't know why it does not seem to be capturing ones in the interim. I wonder if there are time parameters somewhere?

I may have figured out the recent threads- It is literally only the threads on creation, right? Not threads with updated content...if so, that may explain it. I need to poke around a bit, I was really looking for a widget that does basically "What's New." This is probably user error on my part.

Great add-on! I am still learning the ins and outs of this. A few comments/questions:
With the carousel- the Add Article link is not very obvious. I had to spend a bit of time until I figured out where it was.
Thanks and good point on the location of the add article. I will make it bold and add some spacing to make it more apparent.
Recent Threads- I installed, it pulled threads from a few days ago, and one that I did subsequent to installation. I have almost all forums selected to pull from, so I don't know why it does not seem to be capturing ones in the interim. I wonder if there are time parameters somewhere?
The recent threads widget does go by either new, recent or all. If you select new then it will only pull new threads. If you select all or recent then it will pull new or updated.

does anyone have a xenforo for dummies book? and does it have a widgets chapter? :/

Is there any reason why when you save your changes to the widget you're editing, that it refreshes to the admin home page instead of where the widget list is? (appearance/widget portal/etc)...

that's not a complaint or anything, just struck me as curious....

I think this is going to be real neat once I figure it all out...

Is there any reason why when you save your changes to the widget you're editing, that it refreshes to the admin home page instead of where the widget list is? (appearance/widget portal/etc)...
It's a bug I'll have it fixed in the next version.

Hey simbolo, just woke up and playing with my newly downloaded Widget Portal Beta :). Anyway, I have a small feedback id like to give:

Whenever I click on all the Widget portal links in the ACP, the left panel would display the Home tab. I dunno if that was intentional or not but I think it would be better if the left panel would continually display the Appearance tab so that I can save 1 mouse click when going through the different widget acp links.

Also, whenever I click on Configure Portal Widget, the link would direct me to my own site and out of the ACP. I dunno if that is a glitch from installing new vers of Widget Framework or if I may be missing some files when I installed Widget Portal.

Finally, when you are in the Add Portal Widget page. The description explaining about Position is inaccurate; it says this, "The [all] position will make the widget show up in the sidebar of all pages". The ALL position is not even one of the selections you can pick. The page looks exactly like the Widget framework "add widget" page.

Top Bottom