Resource icon

Widget Portal Beta 1.0.5

No permission to download
Cool. We need a new portal system. Xen Porta just doesn't do it (to many conflicts)

Going to try this one out.
XenPorta doesn't have "too many conflicts". It has one wrong word. Waindingo is just being a ***** about it and rather then telling his users to change ONE WORD; he would rather tell his users to deal with it and start a crusade against me. I've said before that the ONE WORD is fixed in the next version, I'm just not going to release an entire update to fix one word; especially when there are other features currently in testing.

Also, XenPorta has caching systems too... though xfrock's stuff is much better than mine.

Hi Simbolo,
Possible bug report? Not sure. My user info under avatar disappears when Widget Portal is activated. When deactivated, information returns. Thank you... Gabby

nember info postbit.webp

XenPorta doesn't have "too many conflicts". It has one wrong word. Waindingo is just being a ***** about it and rather then telling his users to change ONE WORD; he would rather tell his users to deal with it and start a crusade against me. I've said before that the ONE WORD is fixed in the next version, I'm just not going to release an entire update to fix one word; especially when there are other features currently in testing.

Also, XenPorta has caching systems too... though xfrock's stuff is much better than mine.
My post was an opinion of my experience when using Xen Porta. It was not an attack on you personally or your work and dedication toward your work. Just my own personal experience with Xen Porta.

As far as the "one word" argument. This is the first time I recall of such a word and was not informed what word needs fixing.

And respectfully... Waindingo's modification are not the only modification which I had conflicts with when Xen Porta was installed.

Hi, thanks for this addon:)
One thing: When i want to uninstall, there´s an error-message:

Non-static method WidgetPortal_Install::removePortalWidgets() should not be called statically

Any Tipps?

Thank you, Peter

Of note your mods have been of great help to me and personally don't have a problem with your add-ons; I simply wanted to use one set of widgets on my site thus the development of this :)

Hi Simbolo,
Possible bug report? Not sure. My user info under avatar disappears when Widget Portal is activated. When deactivated, information returns. Thank you... Gabby

View attachment 34807
That's by design for the article pages. The variable information is still available on the page, but I'm simply not displaying it. On my site I didn't want that information displayed thus the decision to omit it.

That's by design for the article pages. The variable information is still available on the page, but I'm simply not displaying it. On my site I didn't want that information displayed thus the decision to omit it.

Ok thank you Simbolo. So how would I display like normal then? Thank so much for this add on.

Ok thank you Simbolo. So how would I display like normal then? Thank so much for this add on.
By normal do you mean the article pages in general or the avatar part? and, if it's the avatar part, what do you want it to look like?
To turn off the article display, go to example.com/admin.php?options/list/widgetportal and unselect all the forums.

In template widgetportal_article_first_message
change
HTML:
    <xen:comment>Uncomment the following to show avatar info box.</xen:comment>
    <xen:comment>
    <xen:include template="message_user_info">
        <xen:map from="$message" to="$user" />
    </xen:include>
    </xen:comment>
to

HTML:
    <xen:include template="message_user_info">
        <xen:map from="$message" to="$user" />
    </xen:include>

No promises on how it affects the layout.

Hi Simbolo

Not a problem but a minor irritation. When you click on any of the submenus under Widget Portal (List, Add, Import) the left menu jumps to the Home tab from Appearance. Also the configure sub menu for some reason opens the front end.

Edit: I see that the configure sub menu opening the front end is intentional for the time being.

Not a problem but a minor irritation. When you click on any of the submenus under Widget Portal (List, Add, Import) the left menu jumps to the Home tab from Appearance. Also the configure sub menu for some reason opens the front end.
I noticed that too. I set the correct params for it to stay on the appearance tab, just haven't had the time to investigate further.
Edit: I see that the configure sub menu opening the front end is intentional for the time being.
Correct.

Top Bottom