Resource icon

Widget Portal Beta 1.0.5

No permission to download
I have a version that I'd like to release shortly. I need to polish the royal slider and promote post before releasing. Time table is not set for that at the moment.

"An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later."
That's what I saw when I went to your site. I saw that all the time on my site when I had xenporta installed. Once I removed xenporta, the error hasn't been seen again. Is this addon the reason for this error on your site?

XenPorta is very powerful and very well done. I am a programmer so I can tell. The only issue with XenPorta is that some of it's queries aren't very well optimized and caching could have been better but those will affect only sites with a very high volume of traffic. This is a brilliant Add-On by Simbolo, but there is no need to criticize XenPorta to praise this. It is good people have options.

XenPorta has an HTML block where you can just put any html, so it could have been used for your other site links. This Addon by Simbolo is essentially an extension of WidgetFramework. So Whatever is possible in widgetframework will work here. Widget Framework has widgets for HTML and also Template includes. You can use those to create the blocks you want with this. Also Simbolo released FB, Twitter widgets earlier today so you should check those out.
That was my problem with xenporta...too much traffic...the addon killed my site every day, multiple times a day to the point where we had to remove xenporta just to stay online.

How's the caching system in this? As well as the queries? Are they better than xenporta's? I can't install something that will not work on my site and cause it to crash often due to poor coding.

"An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later."
That's what I saw when I went to your site. I saw that all the time on my site when I had xenporta installed. Once I removed xenporta, the error hasn't been seen again. Is this addon the reason for this error on your site?
The server was overloaded by spammers, haven't had the chance to reinstall/configure it. Wanted to finish the new version first.
That was my problem with xenporta...too much traffic...the addon killed my site every day, multiple times a day to the point where we had to remove xenporta just to stay online.

How's the caching system in this? As well as the queries? Are they better than xenporta's? I can't install something that will not work on my site and cause it to crash often due to poor coding.
Caching is the same as Widget Framwork, which means it's very good.

The server was overloaded by spammers, haven't had the chance to reinstall/configure it. Wanted to finish the new version first.
Caching is the same as Widget Framwork, which means it's very good.
Thanks. Thinking about giving it a try. Hopefully the site doesn't crash like it did with Xenporta (with our own modifications in the code as well...). The one thing that we did notice with xp was that it didn't have caching on anything past the first page of "news results". Does yours cache other pages or just the main page?

Was going to use this but I can't seem to get it to work. Getting the same error as Adam Howard had mentioned he was getting. So will wait to see how this does with an update. The main difference is I am not using php 5.4 and I am not using the node addon he is. Not sure why I am getting an error. Hope this gets fixed as I would really like to try this portal.

portal-home-page-jpg.35079

How about a portal widget that displays links to the forum like this.
View attachment 35079

inspiration - http://www.torontosun.com/

Idea: Have a Tab called "Popular stuff" and have a static page that looks like this.
Anyone like this look ?

Does this have a recent threads widget just like the recent threads widget in XenPorta?

Top Bottom