Why was user snoopy5 banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoopy5b

Hi

I was banned last night and all my postings are gone. I do not know why. No hint, no message.

I sent a request over the contact form this morning but since 9 hours there is no answer from any moderator. So obviously I have to discuss this in public.

So what is going on here?

I've noticed on my site that when I'm viewing a banned or spam cleaned member's profile, it's not readily apparent to me that the user is not a regular member. I haven't given it much thought but apparently Slavik is seeing the same thing - user is not in a regular state but appears so to a mod.

Yep, looks like he was hit with the spam cleaner yesterday. Must have been flagged up for something naughty / spammish.

Yes. everything is gone. And when I try to login with the normal "snoopy5" I get the altert that I was banned.

What makes me really angry is the fact that no moderator reacts to my inquiries via the "contact us" form. In my forums, nobody gets banned without a reason and we check every user before we ban him.

what is a spam cleaner? Is this an automatism? You can not seriosly run a professional forum with an automatism to delete users..

Did you post any links to things you shouldn't have (illegal downloads or nulled sites)?

Or have you gone about sending spam PM's ?

Or did you go out of your way to disrespect some users, using very, very, bad words?

+1 is so last century, people need to use the "like" button. Continual +1 posts don't really contribute to a forum and only draw attention to the fact you might be bumping a thread or trying to get your signature viewed.

When checking your most recent posts.... every post you made for the last 20-30 was just "+1".

No wonder someone thought you were spamming.
+1

EDIT: Jesting.

But yeah. I reported you actually before realising that actually you were a normal member. But as soon as you start necro posting +1 in old threads and seemingly just being a nuisance with no valid input then you're going to be mistaken for a spammer.

+1 is so last century, people need to use the "like" button. Continual +1 posts don't really contribute to a forum and only draw attention to the fact you might be bumping a thread or trying to get your signature viewed.
As well as:
1. Second that
2. ^^^This

+1

EDIT: Jesting.

But yeah. I reported you actually before realising that actually you were a normal member. But as soon as you start necro posting +1 in old threads and seemingly just being a nuisance with no valid input then you're going to be mistaken for a spammer.

But even if you reported me wrongly, this does not mean that a moderator should not read postings to double check before deleting a user blindly ;)

I made many other postings with a lot of content beforehand. The +1 thing was only for the mod-suggestions in which I was also voting for so they get more support.

no, nothing like that

I see. The issue for you seems to be this than

When checking your most recent posts.... every post you made for the last 20-30 was just "+1".

No wonder someone thought you were spamming.

The spam system does partly rely on repeated post in consistencies.

For example a spam bot would post something like this:

"Hi everyone, please checkout SociallyUncensored.eu"

Only it would do so a dozen or so times, in reply to most every other thread (either right away or slowly). Your +1 20 - 30x just came off as spam by the system, because most normal users would have a comment along with it and wouldn't be repeating the same post again and again.

+1 is so last century, people need to use the "like" button. ...

Each one has a different opinion about that. I did not know the "like" button from xenforo and did not know that it is mandatory to use it for that. But you should not ignore, that in 99% of all other forums, the posting "+1" is normal behaviour to support a former posting/idea. Everywhere on the internet.

So you can try to educate now the internet or you can accept that the rest of the world is behaving like this ;)

But still, no matter how you think about it, a moderator is not allowed to delete postings and ban a user without double checking, what he did in all his postings and not ony in the mod-suggestion forums ;)

Each one has a different opinion about that. I did not know the "like" button from xenforo and did not know that it is mandatory to use it for that. But you should not ignore, that in 99% of all other forums, the posting "+1" is normal behaviour to support a former posting/idea. Everywhere on the internet.

So you can try to educate now the internet or you can accept that the rest of the world is behaving like this ;)

But still, no matter how you think about it, a moderator is not allowed to delete postings and ban a user without double checking, what he did in all his postings and not ony in the mod-suggestion forums ;)
With over 1,000 spam bots trying to defeat XenForo's spam system ..... Some human error is likely to happen.

We did have someone on my site (not here), who would +1 everything, but the +1 turned out to be a link.

And with so many attempts to try to go through it .... You can't expect the staff to verify every post, by every member, and at 100% accuracy all the time

...Your +1 20 - 30x just came off as spam by the system,...

As far as I can remember it was mor like 5-10x, by the way...

And why no moderator reacts after I alerted them that there was something wrong? What is the sense of a contact form, if nobody cares? What is the sense of a moderator, if he is not controlling things seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom