Why was user snoopy5 banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With over 1,000 spam bots trying to defeat XenForo's spam system ..... Some human error is likely to happen.

We did have someone on my site (not here), who would +1 everything, but the +1 turned out to be a link.

And with so many attempts to try to go through it .... You can't expect the staff to verify every post, by every member, and at 100% accuracy all the time

That is a very good point. A very important one.We all have to deal with a lot of spam.

I am in the process of deciding whether I switch my forums over to xenforo. But if xenforo does not have an easy system to seperate spammers from non-spammers (i.e. via overview tables of the content of last 50 postings, show all postings of user "x" in vbulletin), then the question is, whether xenforo would be the right alternative.

I need a software, which is easy and fast in spam detection and in separating the good guys from the bad guys. This was obviously not the case here. The question is why? Too much work to do this in xenforo because there is no feature for this or human error?

Put like this, when I open your profile page up, all I see for you latest postings is +1 from the start to the end of the page.

If you have opened a ticket up, your account will be restored when a member of staff gets to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom