XF 2.1 Why the display of the message count is different

You can edit the phrases to change it back.
The way the short number formatting works is it takes a number, say, 1045 and turns it into a string, e.g. 1 that is then passed into a phrase called x_k and contains {number}K. {number} is replaced with 1 so the end result is we display 1K.

We were (and now are) passing in an additional parameter in the phrase called {default}. The value of default in the example above is 1,045. So if you edit the phrase text from {number}K to {default} then the end result is we display 1,045 therefore restoring the long number format behaviour.

So we'll call this implemented. And, no, we will not be using long numbers by default. It will be down to the forum admins to choose a format that they prefer and modify the three phrases (x_b, x_m and x_k) accordingly.

I've seen this issue asked about several times now... Would it be possible for xF to consider making this option easier to select, with controls in the ACP for future versions?

I
Doubt it, as the suggestion was marked implemented.
Yes, the suggestion to be able to change it was. My idea is to make it a selectable option in the ACP so people don't have to "hunt and peck" in the phrases to change it. Doubt anyone would make an addon for that, although there's no telling really what the interest would be. If people knew they could change that, many might wish to do so.

Possible new OzzMod?

Yes, the suggestion to be able to change it was. My idea is to make it a selectable option in the ACP so people don't have to "hunt and peck" in the phrases to change it.

It would still have to be phrased, it is really simple to change the phrases TBH. No need to have multiple phrases.

Top Bottom