Add-on Anti-cookie stuffing. Display of the count of images in each post. Is there an addon?

Stuart Wright

We have a problem with people posting invisible images - cookie stuffing I think it is called - and in vBulletin we had an addon which, if there were any image tags in a post, displayed the count of them to the moderators.
Very useful to help spot cookie stuffing.
Is there such an addon?
We need one.
Thanks

MetaMirror image rehosting is one way to solve this problem once and for all, serve all the images from your own stack rather than relying on third party hosts that may disappear in the future.

Bandwidth / disk space is dirt cheap these days, added benefit is that image heavy pages load faster and you can show guests thumbnails which encourages them to register.

MetaMirror image rehosting is one way to solve this problem once and for all, serve all the images from your own stack rather than relying on third party hosts that may disappear in the future.

Bandwidth / disk space is dirt cheap these days, added benefit is that image heavy pages load faster and you can show guests thumbnails which encourages them to register.

Completely not what @Stuart Wright is asking for, re-read the OP!

As per what you're asking for Stuart, I don't think there is one, or if there is I haven't heard of it...

Liam

Completely not what @Stuart Wright is asking for, re-read the OP!
Liam

Stuart posted saying that he had a problem with his users cookie stuffing on his site.
In case you don't know this is when you drop a tiny image on a site that links to a referral site which causes the browser to download the affiliates cookies so they get paid.

We have had exactly the same problem on our large site.

The only way to completely eliminate this problem is to do as per my suggestion and host all your images yourself, meaning that no content is served up from third parties = no possibility for cookie dropping.

Sorry that you were not able to understand this from my post, but I was simply showing how we have eliminated this problem ourselves (as well as gaining a load of side benefits) and thought it may be of use to someone else!

I thought cookie stuffing was not possible anymore if you are on https and you use the image proxy?
So I'm wrong?

Top Bottom