Why renew my license?

Tim

I haven't seen any updates on what is going on or if the software is still being developed so, would I be a fool for renewing my license? Seems like a waste at this point.

I haven't been around for a few months so maybe I'm missing something.

I haven't seen any updates on what is going on or if the software is still being developed so, would I be a fool for renewing my license? Seems like a waste at this point.

I haven't been around for a few months so maybe I'm missing something.

There haven't been any major, let alone any updates for a while. It would probably be best to hold off until development begins again. :)

Reactions: Tim
Thanks guys, I was wondering if I was missing something but it looks like I'm not. I've still have a few weeks before it "expires".

If you don't need support then better not to renew license till development goes live again !!

Been almost a year now since last 'security' update. Im holding off renewing until 1.2 comes out atleast, hell, im even thinking of going back to my IPB licence.

Luckily, addon development is still alive and kicking. I don't think access to addons depends on an active license, (correct me if I'm wrong). These addon developers are really keeping XenForo alive right now, IMO.

I
Luckily, addon development is still alive and kicking. I don't think access to addons depends on an active license, (correct me if I'm wrong). These addon developers are really keeping XenForo alive right now, IMO.
100% agree, but its been a while since ive seen a decent theme come out, or a mod for that matter. maybe thats just me only looking for the ones i need/want and not the rest, who knows.

I
100% agree, but its been a while since ive seen a decent theme come out, or a mod for that matter. maybe thats just me only looking for the ones i need/want and not the rest, who knows.
I've seen plenty of nice themes come out. Lots of theme designers still working at it. Miner from minerskinz recently joined the XenForo party and has knocked out a few stellar themes.

I've seen plenty of nice themes come out. Lots of theme designers still working at it. Miner from minerskinz recently joined the XenForo party and has knocked out a few stellar themes.

Thats true, i forgot about that Metro theme, i purchased that and was using it before that dreaded MySQL error and messed everything up. There are a few key mods that have been asked for for well over a year now that people are yet to develop. i see a few new mods popping up, but not as much as there used to be. Its slowly fading into the distance.

Thats true, i forgot about that Metro theme, i purchased that and was using it before that dreaded MySQL error and messed everything up. There are a few key mods that have been asked for for well over a year now that people are yet to develop. i see a few new mods popping up, but not as much as there used to be. Its slowly fading into the distance.
What kind of addons are you looking for? I've seen some great things happen recently in the addon area. Arcade is up again. Chris Deeming has been knocking out some great addons. XenFluence has the blogs going. Lots of others, too.

What kind of addons are you looking for? I've seen some great things happen recently in the addon area. Arcade is up again. Chris Deeming has been knocking out some great addons. XenFluence has the blogs going. Lots of others, too.

Tabbed categories, live topics, experience (like vbexperience) and a few more. Ill go check them out, see whats new. not been in there for a little bit tho.

Tabbed categories, live topics, experience (like vbexperience) and a few more. Ill go check them out, see whats new. not been in there for a little bit tho.
Not sure if I've seen any of that (but there is a points system if that's what you mean by vbexperience?) Have you seen xfshowcase.com? They are demoing a few styles and a lot of addons there. Great site.

Not sure if I've seen any of that (but there is a points system if that's what you mean by vbexperience?) Have you seen xfshowcase.com? They are demoing a few styles and a lot of addons there. Great site.

Ill check 'em out, thanks. Lets see if they can put my faith back into XenForo lol

VB is very active with vb5 development, infact recently they have upgraded their forum too.. Its very sad xf team has stopped developing...

VB is very active with vb5 development, infact recently they have upgraded their forum too.. Its very sad xf team has stopped developing...
Remember whose fault it is that they stopped developing in the first place. Even if it's only part of the reason, it's a pretty valid one.

If you can call it an "upgrade"...
agree with it, but still people will think they are very active in development..yes it makes website slow along with many bugs...this is why i am not interested in vb5...just informed here, that when xf team is inactive they are working..

agree with it, but still people will think they are very active in development.
Only people who really have no clue about running a community.
vBulletin 5 is a "rush job", plain and simple. We don't know why, although I have a feeling we may soon...

"Active development" should be measured by the success of the platform and not the number of iterations. If you end up with something like vBulletin 5, after 28 versions, it shows active development but consumers will be able to spot the glaring issues a mile off.

xF hasn't been developed by the core staff for some time, that's true however, the active add-on community here has catered for the needs of the community in a way that may not have happened if we had been waiting for development (point) releases.

KAM didn't choose to stop developing the software, it's worth remembering that :)

Top Bottom