Why is Internet Brands owned Add-On in Resources?

Mouth

Just wondering why the Internet Brands owned Forum Runner Add-On is allowed (and therefore promoted) in Resources when they (Internet Brands) are so vigarously and vexatiously suing XF?

It was designed and put there before IB bought Forumrunner. After they did there was pretty much an exodus towards Tapatalk. I guess they just never took it out.

Samsung manufacture about 25% of the parts used in the iPhone 4.

It doesn't matter that they're both suing the hell out of each other.

But, that doesn't really answer the question.

Why shouldn't XenForo allow this product? Yes, it may be owned by Internet Brands, a competitor. A competitor who has embarked on terribly unfair and unfounded legal proceedings against them. Yet, it is a product that can be useful to forum owners and their community. And that is important.

As a forum owner, if you're against the principle the best thing you can do is to use Tapatalk instead of Forum Runner.

It was designed and put there before IB bought Forumrunner. After they did there was pretty much an exodus towards Tapatalk. I guess they just never took it out.
Actually it was put in the RM in April, and IB acquired it around March. But, even so, it provides forum owners more choice. A choice that we have complete control of. So it doesn't really require much intervention from XenForo when you look at it like that.

To answer your question, I don't think the staff cares if IPB owns ForumRunner. To remove something someone else put up on the Resource Manager, you'll need to cause a much larger uproar then they'll have no choice but to get involved. Just something I've observed on here lol.

Actually it was put in the RM in April, and IB acquired it around March. But, even so, it provides forum owners more choice. A choice that we have complete control of. So it doesn't really require much intervention from XenForo when you look at it like that.

It was around way before the RM was here. If you look at this thread you can see that people were already using it when the announcement was made of the acquisition.

Not that I care, but I hate it when people are wrong on the internet. :D

Interesting opinions. If I was the owners of XF and my livelyhood, family life, and business interests were deeply affected by expensive and vexations legal claims by an opposition scared by my existence, there is no way I'd allow my company resources to advertise and promote the products of that company, as well as driving advertising and income revenue to them.

On the flip side, if you're currently running a vBulletin, PHPBB, MyBB, IPB forum which is currently running Forum Runner, and you're interested in XenForo and you can't find support for the current mobile app your thousands of members have bought to use on your current forum and they'd now have to buy a new one... It might put more people off than you'd want.

Also, even if it wasn't listed in the RM. There's nothing to stop IB still providing the download for the XenForo resource on their own site. So the impact of refusing it here is probably greater and more negative than allowing it.

Not that I care, but I hate it when people are wrong on the internet. :D
Then we were both wrong :p

You said it was put there [in the RM] before IB acquired it (which wasn't true), while I suggested it wasn't available prior to that at all (which wasn't true) :D Not that I care either :p

who knew ! ... (what vexatious was ?)

vex·a·tious (vk-sshs)
adj.
1. Causing or creating vexation; annoying.
2. Full of annoyance or distress; harassed.
3. Intended to vex or annoy.
vex·atious·ly adv.
vex·atious·ness n.

I guess to remember it ... I have to use it in a sentence.

That troll was really vexatious.
Haemorrhoids can be hard to get rid of and are really vexatious.

Top Bottom