1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whos online. People I am following are now in bold.

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Dean, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

At first I thought it was only xf staff, but after some time I came to realize the names that are showing up in bold, are people I am following.

Nice. :)

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

They're also a different colour; #2B485C instead of the usual #176093

3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Perhaps it's just me, but they barely stand out.

4. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Oooo is that what that is!! LOL I was wondering why they were a different colour!

5. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

It's probably designed to be fairly subtle. They stand out enough for me. :)

jmurrayhead and Kier like this.
  6. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Wow. You have some great eyesight!

7. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Personally I don't want them yell at me. :p It's a slight change if you focus on it, but otherwise you don't notice it and it allows your eyes to look elsewhere (like the forums themselves).

8. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yep, that's the idea :)

9. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

No I don't want them to "yell" at me either. But I do want to be able to tell them apart. Like I said it might just be my eyes.

10. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

It is a pretty subtle difference Peggy, I have noticed a huge difference in colours between my desktop PC with big monitor, and my hubby's laptop.. his is much darker, and such a subtle change would not be noticeable on his lappy. But I am sure it is something you would be able to change to be a more contrasting colour if you wanted to :)

11. Kier

Everybody repeat after me: I must calibrate my displays, I must calibrate my displays.

12. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I must calibrate my displays........ how?

13. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

14. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member

Now that it's in the code we will/should be able to change it easily anyhow, thank you for adding it Kier :)

15. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

16. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Well-Known Member

Heh! Good luck with that campaign. I'd eat my metaphorical hat if more than 1% of the world's displays had been calibrated once since new. Having said that, now that people are starting to run more than one display, perhaps they will start to realise just how far off the majority of displays are out of the box.

17. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

mine is good :p Hubby's laptop probably needs adjusting though.

18. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Should I tell my members, many of which barely know how to use email or make a post, to calibrate their monitors?

Dragonfly likes this.
  19. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

LOL!

20. Kier

Unless they want to go blind, probably yes ;)