who would you recommend?

petertdavis

I need to do some optimization on a server with a single xenforo site running on it. I don't have the time or skills to do it myself. Who would you recommend I hire to help me with this?

As Deebs mentioned, he helped me out on this one. The server load seems to be about 10% of what it was before he waved his magic wand. The kicker is, he wouldn't even accept payment for his services, even though I practically tried to force it on him. What a guy!

I told you ;)

What was the fix, Deebs?
Hi Andy,

Couple of things:
  • Install and configure APC, there was no opcode cache installed.
  • Configure MySQL to make use of the spare memory available.
  • The forum is installed using MyISAM as the default, I still need to convert his database back to InnoDB (for which XF is designed for).

BTW, when I contacted my host (Servint) their reply to my asking why the server load was so high and the site was loading slow was "upgrade" - I'm not too impressed with their response, but how much of that should I reasonably expect from a hosting company? Should they know about and be willing to things like install APC, and configure the MySQL?

BTW, when I contacted my host (Servint) their reply to my asking why the server load was so high and the site was loading slow was "upgrade" - I'm not too impressed with their response, but how much of that should I reasonably expect from a hosting company? Should they know about and be willing to things like install APC, and configure the MySQL?

I use Servint as well, I'm only 90% satisfied with their support, sometimes I ask questions about doing updates to the server, and they proceed to do the update before I'm ready, instead of answering my question.

• The forum is installed using MyISAM as the default, I still need to convert his database back to InnoDB (for which XF is designed for).

I have also had issues since my recent upgrade, mostly memory issues. I've made a number of changes and things are better, but I know it's not optimized like it could be.

Hi Andy,

Couple of things:

Will you notice a difference converting the database to InnoDB?

Top Bottom