Who reads (or could read) the "Conversations" here at xenforo.com ?

Digital Doctor

Is it fair to ask who has access to member's conversations ?

Kier ?
Mike ?
Andrew ?
Brogan ?
anyone else ?

What is xenforo.com's policy on reading Conversations ?
Unfettered access by anyone xenforo.com wants ?

anyone else ?

me :sneaky:

is there public conversation in 1.1 ?
i think we can using public conversation like blog ( someone open his personal Conversation and make it public ) with page contain all his public Conversation like index of blogs with sidebar have any contents about him ( picture, latest posts, number of blogs, number of posts and so on).

blog by easy way :)

Is it fair to ask who has access to member's conversations ?

Kier ?
Mike ?
Andrew ?
Brogan ?
anyone else ?

What is xenforo.com's policy on reading Conversations ?
Unfettered access by anyone xenforo.com wants ?
You cannot read member's conversations through any means on the site. Kier and the others would have to do it through the database and check the correct table(its all there).

His question simply is: Since they are not encrypted private msgs, but personal conversations, .. and there's nothing about this in the privacy policy .... who has access to these PC that we create. It's a fair business question.

Obviously anyone who has access to the database could...just a matter of do they have time and would they bother? I guess if a member is complaining about harassment by another member they might want to see the messages.

Obviously anyone who has access to the database could...just a matter of do they have time and would they bother? I guess if a member is complaining about harassment by another member they might want to see the messages.
Very true, but they can use an internal tool that is a gui in the admincp to these tables. We simply don't know.

Personally I don't care much. I write in there - assuming it might get leaked out via a moderator to their friends or something. But it's still a fair question.

Your mods are allowed to enter acp and have access to server/phpmyadmin?:D
I was just pointing out that aside from Brogan, there are other mods on the site :p

But to answer your question, no. Mods can do whatever I permit them to do, plus I highly doubt any conversations on my forum are worthy of reading.

It's not considered a breach of privacy if the conversation is not worthy a read though. hehe </nitpick>

Mike and I have direct database access, and could therefore read conversations if we had the inclination. We don't have the inclination.

There is no other way to view the textual content of other users' conversations.

There could be a section "xenforo community discussion" where xenforo community topics are discussed. This forum here is more about the product itself.

And, are not the conversation. And the attachment manager thingy is in the admin.php area, that means mods dont have access

Top Bottom