Who is the best custom skin designer for xenforo?

New Joe

Someone who knows his/her stuff, knows the software well and it won't effect the performance of the site
Who is the best to do that job?

I regard @Kim as the best designer on xenforo. She creates her own designs icons from scratch and you know what you are getting is going to be unique and a one off design when it comes to imagery. But I don't think she is taking on custom jobs.

Forsaken, Russ audentio, CyberAp, John are excellent designers to and a few others who I can't remember off the top of my head.

I think it depends on what you say is best. I know some skin designers make absolutely beautiful skins, but then the code behind it is atrocious and because of it, the skin loads slow.

It's surely got to depend on personal preference, and the individual site requirements. The only way you would get an (opinion based) idea on who is 'best' would be to get everyone to design a theme for a given set of requirements.

I think the best bet would be contact as many as you can, see if they have time to work with you and most of all see if you like what they show you.

You will not get an objective opinion about who is the best, because your opinions might be different from everyone else.

You might start gathering a list of designers and then you can ask them to show some of their work. After you review each and everyone of them, you will have a more personal and useful opinion about who is the best designer for your personal needs.

I think it depends on what you say is best. I know some skin designers make absolutely beautiful skins, but then the code behind it is atrocious and because of it, the skin loads slow.
This is my main concern, I have a guy who maybe able to do the custom skin I want but the last thing I want is a skin that will slow the Forum down, as I am moving from vB to xenforo for the speed of it all.

So a good skin guy that people know that won't slow down the Forum loading

Correct Answer:

There is no "best", only what is best for YOU.

Exactly... for one forum there wasn't anything out that would fit so I just modified the default skin for what I wanted it to look like (it still needs some work). For another site (an Apple Forum) I went with xenFoogle Pro by pixelExit (@Russ & @Qwk86gn) modified to fit better to the Apple environment. The third forum is running Casual (free skin also by pixelExit).

Top Bottom