Who Else Is Voting For Ron Paul?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a big fan of Ron Paul, .... I certain disagree with him in some areas -but- I find he's honest, and backs his decisions (no matter how much one may dislike them) with reasoning and historical context.

Give me a ton of honest politicians and I'd certainly vote for someone else but I only have one to choose from.

Figures are taken directly from the CBO records, so yes, I'd put more faith in those calculations than those who have an axe to grind on one side or the other.
The question is under which administration the cost of wars and the unfunded Medicare Part D drug benefit were put in CBO records. Bush or Obama's?

The simple question is, "Are you better off today than you were three years ago?"

And then follow that up by asking if you had similar economic challenges at home, would you continue to not have a budget for 1000 days? Do you trust someone with that lack of financial leadership to get us out of the worst economy since the Great Depression?

When people step into that voting both, they're going to vote their wallets.

As to Romney vs. Obama - do you want to continue to let the economy be guided by a community organizer with no experience dealing with finances or will you trust a successful businessman and a former governor who improved the fiscal situation of his state?

Nothing else matters except the economy.

As to Romney vs. Obama - do you want to continue to let the economy be guided by a community organizer with no experience dealing with finances or will you trust a successful businessman and a former governor who improved the fiscal situation of his state?
I can't trust a guy who uses off-shore companies [avoiding U.S. laws] to run his lucrative businesses. And I definitely can't trust a guy who adamantly refused to release his tax records until cornered even though he himself was forceful in shaming Ted Kennedy for just that years ago.

I would vote for Ron Paul. My second choice is Obama. These two strike me as honest people's guys.

I tried to vote for Ron Paul in the Florida primaries tonight but I was told I had to be a republican for at least a month before so I was too late.

Iran has a more stable government than Pakistan, yet Pakistan has a nuclear weapon and Iran does not.

The United States is the one creating the instability, not the other way around. Our history of involvement and meddling in the Middle East goes back to Iran in the 1950's. We created the monster that is the Middle East, all over oil.

Only too true.

I tried to vote for Ron Paul in the Florida primaries tonight but I was told I had to be a republican for at least a month before so I was too late.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That's too bad... There are still things you can do to help him. You can call people from home to promote Ron Paul.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That's too bad... There are still things you can do to help him. You can call people from home to promote Ron Paul.
Nah I don't have swag like that. My mom was going to vote for Obama but I told her what Ron Paul was about so she's voting for him now. She's really popular in her local community so she might convince some peeps to vote for him too.

still working on it -- it officially goes live Feb 9th / I'll be sure to put it in my profile after its ready.

The simple question is, "Are you better off today than you were three years ago?"
That seems a selfish question. In my case I am much better off since the stock market is up 40% or more from it's lows. Tens of million could say the same.

But when you think about the "wealth" that was created by the housing bubble and home equity loans, is "more" or "better off" really better off? That is, does lot of money with no foundation under it mean anything?

It seems that someone just introduced to a bunch of new mind bending substances or booze might consider themselves happy or better off because of the neat effect of them...but does it last?

A more complex question would have to compare what people thought of various different events....examples:
1. War - aggression
2. Trust - Do they trust institutions - not only government, but wall street? Main Street? Schools?

Unfortunately, these questions are usually not asked...but I think we know the answers! I'd say most Americans feel fairly secure now - that is, they are not on the edge of their seats expecting a mushroom cloud any moment. I'd also suggest that most Americans, with good reason, don't trust Wall Street nor the current Government - and by that I don't mean Obama, but the ratings of Congress are the lowest in history! The ratings of the GOP part of Congress are even lower than that, quite an accomplishment when they told us how well they were going to fix everything.

The whole thing is quite complex. We don't have a dictatorship so neither Obama nor Dr. Paul can "fix everything" , even if they want to.

Screen%20shot%202012-02-01%20at%209.41.29%20AM.png

Like I said earlier...
LANDSLIDE
http://campaign2012.washingtonexami...-state-numbers-predict-huge-obama-loss/352881

Like I said earlier... LANDSLIDE
Like I said earlier... I'll bet you a Xenforo license.
We all know you are a smart guy Fred. Don't be bashful about taking my money. You know Obama is unpopular and it's impossible for him to win - even your independent sources say so.

Gallup released their annual state-by-state presidential approval numbers yesterday, and the results should have 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue very worried. If President Obama carries only those states where he had a net positive approval rating in 2011 (e.g. Michigan where he is up 48 percent to 44 percent), Obama would lose the 2012 election to the Republican nominee 323 electoral votes to 215.

The numbers change when you factor in GOP candidates. If President Obama carries states where his approval rating is above 13.9% ((y)) and the people in that state generally aren't interested in having the country run by a "Rich, Wall Street, religious zealot", Democrats win: 323 electoral votes to 215.

If the 2012 election is going to be tight (which it won't) ... Obama better throw out some trump cards.
Painting Romney as a Wall Street insider should be easy and effective to turn the tide.

Kudos, where kudos are due: I heard (haven't verified) that alot of Romney's money is in the US, not China. Good on him for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom