Which Script is Slowing Down The Site?

DRE

What's the best way to discover which addon is slowing down my site? Simply disabling addons doesn't seem to work.

I looked at this: http://www.webpagetest.org/result/120611_EQ_Z45/

and sent it to my host and this was their reply:

Host said:
It's the PHP of your script that is taking a while to process:

*bunch of test results, omitted*

As shown by the php file I uploaded to your site and ran the test for, the site loads fast, indicating that it's not a server or a generalized issue with your account (or it would load slow too). Unfortunately since your issue is a script issue, it's not really something I'd be able to help with.

Thank you for the swift response. I am investigating now. Are there any tools in my cpanel or any websites that you know of that can help pinpoint scripts that are slowing down a site?

Host said:
We like to let you know that unfortunately there is no tool for pinpoint scripts that are slowing down a site in cpanel. It's better you need to contact wit your site builder and optimize your site. Please let us know if you need any further support.
So when he says script, could he mean xenforo the whole forum software itself or the style I'm using or an addon?

It could be any number of things. Disable *all* add-ons and use the default (XF) style - does it load faster?
Good idea. I tried using the default skin and I still got an F. 91/100 http://www.webpagetest.org/result/120611_CS_ZX9/

The score raised a little bit but I'm thinking the problem is an addon because my score is usually higher than that.

Was wondering how to tell which script it is without having to disable every addon though.
One way would be to check the debug output, because there you'll see the queries and the needed time
I know how to put the site in debug mode and with Jake's help I learned how to do it so that debug errors only shows to my IP. I also know to not leave the site on debug because it will slow the site down. I mainly use debug to create new addons for the TMS system so that I can store all my template changes there. I've been wondering if it was in fact that TMS system that's slowing down my site since I've been having lots of issues with that addon lately. How do you check the debug output? When I click on Debug Options it says 'These options are intended to be directly manipulated solely by the XenForo developers.'

This happened wit me too and friends here told me also to disable addons etc, I did disable some of them and am running trouble free..
I asked the same question btw, which addons can slow down..

As for my research in this matter, I have found that I still have these delays and unresponsive scripts, I have also got debug data which I save now as pdf's

you could try disabling plugins and then runnint it to see if things are good.

The usual fault-finding technique is to disable all add-ons and then slowly enable them - one by one - until you hit a problem.

Of course it could be that the issue is unrelated to add-ons, but at least by disabling them all it gives you an indication as to whether your site runs much faster without them; if there's no real noticable difference then you can start looking at other things.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

The usual fault-finding technique is to disable all add-ons and then slowly enable them - one by one - until you hit a problem.

Of course it could be that the issue is unrelated to add-ons, but at least by disabling them all it gives you an indication as to whether your site runs much faster without them; if there's no real noticable difference then you can start looking at other things.

Cheers,
Shaun :D
I know but the main problem is that TMS Modification addons persist even after you disable them.

Install xdebug, enable triggered profiling, run the profiler on a few pages, download the cachegrind output files, load them into kcachegrind or wincachegrind

Of course easier if you have an IDE with built in remote profiling

Install xdebug, enable triggered profiling, run the profiler on a few pages, download the cachegrind output files, load them into kcachegrind or wincachegrind

Of course easier if you have an IDE with built in remote profiling
Isn't that all a bit much when we've not even tested the debugging tools already available?

With Debug Mode enabled you will see something like this in your footer:

Timing: 0.1177 seconds Memory: 7.331 MB DB Queries: 17

The number of seconds is a link which is clickable and takes you to a debug page.

Copy and paste the output here.

It might not show us anything, but if there is a query time of several seconds for a certain add-on every time then it may be a bug with that add-on. It could then be tested after that add-on is disabled.

Top Bottom