Which iPhone 6 will you get?

Which iPhone 6 will you buy?

• iPhone 6 (4.7 inches)

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • iPhone 6 Plus (5.5 inches)

Votes: 23 44.2%

• Total voters
They took mine from PA and sent it to NJ. Explain that one!
Got to send it on a round trip to delay it!
Mines in Memphis and has a notice "Future Delivery"... as my hands start itching... but that's OK. I got an iPhone 5s Gold coming in tomorrow as a replacement for the wife's that died (and then resurrected itself). The back got real hot and it died.. guess after it cooled down it decided it wanted to play nice - but to late, there's a replacement for it on the way.

Mine's still saying pending dispatch. I've been charged now. IIRC the UK deliveries come direct from China now. They used to sit in a warehouse not far from me for a few days before delivery.

I'm picking mine up direct from my carrier's shop, so I don't get to stalk the shipment trackers... I have to sit around and hope they call me on Thursday to say it'll be ready! :coffee:

I'll take a walk over the road to the shops on Friday or Saturday, have a play with it in the shop... then probably wait for a month to see if anything noticeably bad gets reported about it... and if all is well and I like it, then order one.

I never buy the latest phone on release day... NEVER. I always wait a month or more and wait to see what issues they potentially have, if any, then buy, or wait for the next one that hopefully doesn't have issues.

Saying that... if they sell 5 million phones and 1000 people report battery issues... that's a no brainer non-issue obviously, based on statistical probability that x amount should have faults.

I'll take a walk over the road to the shops on Friday or Saturday, have a play with it in the shop... then probably wait for a month to see if anything noticeably bad gets reported about it... and if all is well and I like it, then order one.

Depending on where you are it looks like that may not be possible for a week or two. In the UK Three, EE, O2, Virgin, Vodafone and Carphone Warehouse have massively cocked up pre-orders and seemingly don't actually have and iPhones for the stores. If you've got an Apple store near you you'll be able to play with it there though. When the 5 came out there was a big queue outside my local one, but if you weren't buying off contract / unlocked you could just walk in and pick one up.

I was quite shocked at how badly three messed this one up. Especially for upgrades. I was on the iPhone 5 on a ~£36 /mo contract that gave me something like 400 minutes, 1000 texts and unlimited data. Their "upgrade" offered to me yesterday for an iPhone 6 was 200 minutes, unlimited texts/data for £42 a month + VAT @ 20%, with a £72 + VAT fee for the phone. Quite how that's an upgrade, I don't know.

I ended up buying sim-free from Apple and will drop down to their £15 mo unlimited data plan. Works out cheaper in the long run, especially since the 5 is still selling for ~£250 on eBay :)

Apparently, the Telstra guy I asked today said they have them ready to go on display for Friday already. Not really worried though, as I said... I won't be buying in the first month. I will wait.

That sucks with your supposed upgrade... WOW... greedy buggers. Amazing how phones are getting more expensive all-round, plans and phones... hot market, profiteering or what?

Depending on where you are it looks like that may not be possible for a week or two. In the UK Three, EE, O2, Virgin, Vodafone and Carphone Warehouse have massively cocked up pre-orders and seemingly don't actually have and iPhones for the stores.
Apparently, the cock-up is mostly on Apple's side - the 6+ particularly has been plagued by production issues, so they haven't been able to amass enough working models to satisfy all the demand on day one... by a very long shot. xp

The icing on the cake is how well it integrates with my Mac Mini
That is something I love also... as my missus now has an S5, she can't stream her music and video apps to the apple tv, thus via our home stereo. Sure, there are complicated apps around to try and stream it from the phone, to the mac, from the mac, to the stereo.... that's how Android does it, but even then... that all works on physically having the file on your phone, not streaming it to your phone from an app. iPhone, turn on app and play music / video, airplay it... to whatever device you want to choose. I love that about mine... airplay is seriously one of the top 5 features of an iPhone. Any app, anywhere, stream it.

I've got to be sure to go to bed early tonight so I can be up for whenever Mr./Mrs. FedEx knocks on my door. Have to activate the phone, then move it from the line it's on to the one that my 5s is on (that line has unlimited data).

Actually I used to say the same thing... I used to like tweaking/screwing with my phone all the time. Now that I've gotten out of that stage I want it to just work - which for me the iPhone does. The icing on the cake is how well it integrates with my Mac Mini.

Sort of like people who buy a Honda Civic then spend a fortune in mods so they can make it as fast as a Porsche. Then they realize they're still driving a Civic and they would have been better off buying a car that already performs how they want.

Went to the shop, played around with them both, and to be perfectly honest, I think I may be waiting to see what the next phone is. The 6 was nothing that much better. The 6+ has the best camera functionality I've ever seen in a phone to date... just amazing when shaking the crap out of it, and its focus is instantly there, even zoomed as far in as possible, shook the crap out of it, bang, ready for photo in milli-seconds, stable and just WOW. The 6... nothing better than the 5s with its camera.

I would actually buy the 6+ now having hands on with them both, but I still think its just too big, especially for a guy to carry round in his pocket. You would need a man bag, if you're that type of guy. I'm not... so I'm crap out of luck.

Think I'll be waiting to see what's next for iPhone. Til next year.

Last edited:
It was raining here for a bit in the evening...people camping everywhere lol!
Personally I've never went with the S models...I think they are better since the hardware is always optimized and generally much better performance, just I like to have the latest models always and be ready for the next "MAJOR" version.

I will get my hands on both smart phones tomorrow and see which one I like the best then I will make a decision about buying one...
I was considering the Samsung Note 4...but never been a fan of Android OS.

5.5" for a phone is just ludicrous (in my humble opinion). If you want a tablet, get a tablet?

Personally, I'm very happy with the size of my 4" iPhone 5, but I'll check out the 4.7" 6 when it arrives in the Apple Store.
Why not drop the tablet and get it all-in-one with a 5.5"?

Top Bottom