Which iPhone 6 will you get?

Which iPhone 6 will you buy?

• iPhone 6 (4.7 inches)

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • iPhone 6 Plus (5.5 inches)

Votes: 23 44.2%

• Total voters
So you complain that both the iPhone 6 and 6 plus are too big, and then tells us you are keeping the 6 plus. Talk about undermining your own arguments.

Yup, both too big. Both essentially mini computers--not very pocketable, and with the awful iOS interface and underpowered processors (the thing is so damn slow I feel like throwing it against the wall on a daily basis...and this is the flagship? I've turned off all the stupid animations, and the thing still takes too long to do just about anything. My 6 year old Blackberry is quicker at important tasks). But yeah, I have the 6 plus cuz, as I said, it's a device for traveling and it's possible to do stuff with it on the road that allows me to ditch the laptop. Otherwise, as a daily device that remains useful but otherwise stays out of the way, it pretty much sucks because I have to make accommodations for it that make me feel like the phone has me on a leash (I don't carry a purse). Call that undermining if you want. You don't have to like what you choose. Just look at the divorce rate.

Last edited:
Very pleased that I bought the plus. It fits perfectly in my inside pocket, it's fast and because iOS works (& looks) so well it requires less hardware power, saving battery life. Highly recommended phone, do not listen to the haters.

Very pleased that I bought the plus. It fits perfectly in my inside pocket, it's fast and because iOS works (& looks) so well it requires less hardware power, saving battery life. Highly recommended phone, do not listen to the haters.

The plus fits nicely only in my cargo pants with a large vertical pocket on each leg--the pants I travel in. I don't believe anyone who says that the plus fits comfortably in the pockets of normal dress pants or jeans. Reason: it doesn't. (I'm a man, and I own quite an assortment of pants.) Unless you like the feel of walking and sitting down with a large piece of glass in your pocket, the size of which is significantly greater than that of any wallet on the market, the thing is a truly horrible fit in most pairs of men's pants.

the thing is a truly horrible fit in most pairs of men's pants.
It fits in my pocket comfortably:

1309_BX002-side-pocket.jpg

It fits in my pocket comfortably:

1309_BX002-side-pocket.jpg

Those are cargo pants, exactly the ones I said the 6 plus fits into. They are not the pants that most men wear on a daily basis.

What I'll never understand is why folks feel compelled to defend the obvious flaws or shortcomings of things that they have purchased. It's human nature, I suppose. You can own something while pointing out its flaws, you know. Doing so is not some kind of mark against your character or judgment. Quite the contrary, I would say.

I've got fairly normal trouser pockets, and my cased 6 Plus fits in them without issue or discomfort. It tends to struggle a little with skinny jeans, of course, but other than that it's absolutely fine. It is a bit of a beast, particularly if all your trousers have tiny pockets (some jeans are awful for this), but to say it's absolutely unpocketable unless you're wearing cargo trousers isn't something I'd readily agree with.

Top Bottom