Which iPhone 6 will you get?

Which iPhone 6 will you buy?

• iPhone 6 (4.7 inches)

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • iPhone 6 Plus (5.5 inches)

Votes: 23 44.2%

• Total voters
A 5.5 inch phone seems a little excessive although I have seen people calling from similarly sized Android devices. I have no idea how they can carry them tho.

If you have a 5s then I don't see many reasons to upgrade. Even more so if you live in Europe where the payment feature probably won't be available for some time.

I was planning on buying an iPhone as a birthday present in October. It's €100 more (than a 5s) for a 16GB iPhone 6 which is too small and would be full in no time at all. A 32GB model would have been perfect. It seems they hoping that people will spend more for a 64GB model or buy the 16GB which they will have to upgrade in a years time as its capacity is far too small.

A 5.5 inch phone seems a little excessive although I have seen people calling from similarly sized Android devices. I have no idea how they can carry them tho.

We typically use our hands and store them in our pockets. It's as if everyone were a midget :p

I have always been a big phone fan. But 5" is the sweet spot for me. I wouldn't mind 5.5" but it just means I can't text with one hand as easily.

I use an iPhone as my primary device. I always get the newest iPhone for my wife and I and then give our kids our old iPhones. Was going to get the iPhone 6, but found out that I get a free one from work (which is a nice surprise, but not really surprising since iOS dominates in enterprise/corporate use).

As for my kids, both are into music and if you want to get creative audio apps for mobile iOS is your only choice.

Looks liek verizon is offering the iphone 6 16gb for free when you trade your iphone 5/5s for it and a new two year contract.

Looks liek verizon is offering the iphone 6 16gb for free when you trade your iphone 5/5s for it and a new two year contract.

I believe the offer also extends to the 4 and 4s as well. I know I remembered seeing the 4s but I think the 4 is included as well in that offer.

If you buy the 5.5" version... you aren't carrying it around with you with ease, unless you're a chick and thus carry a handbag. Maybe you man bag guys will do ok! :ROFLMAO:

The 6+ is the same size as the Samsung Note II... and I couldn't fit one of those in my jean front pockets or shirt pocket... yes, it would go in the rear pockets as my wallet does... but hey, you know what will happen with that once you sit on it once or twice. :eek:

Missus changed to the Samsung Galaxy S5 recently, and whilst it has been a huge learning curve between IOS and Android... it has far more features than IOS8 does, especially for those camera oriented phone snappers. Slightly bigger screen than the 6, smaller than the note, it fits into guys front pockets and shirt pockets... I may soon be changing my iphone5 to an S5... just waiting to see what Samsung release soon to counter Apple.

Would never shift away from my mac though... OMG... just not even a comparison to those stupid Windows PC and there ongoing assorted issues with buddy Microsoft. Linux... sure... Windows... YUK!

Last edited:
Pre orders are available now, but I think I will wait until the 19th to feel both phones just in case....then make a decision.

Yup... I like to go play with a phone in the store before I decide to buy one.

Wise decision.(y)
Compare their functions.
Screen: The 6 Plus isn't just larger -- it has a higher resolution (1,920 x 1,080 vs. 1,334 x 750) and a higher pixel density (401 pixels per inch vs. 326 ppi).
Landscape mode: The 6 Plus will be able to use special iPad-style landscape modes on some apps when the phone is held horizontally; the 6 will not.
Camera: Though both devices are equipped with an 8-megapixel lens, only the larger iPhone 6 Plus has optical image stabilization -- which should help out any unsteady hand that's shooting an image or recording a video.
Battery: In addition, the 6 Plus has a higher battery capacity, meaning you can expect to talk, watch movies, and surf the Web for a few hours longer.

I got off the "upgrade included" plans and saved $100 a month (5 phones - saved $20 each). Nothing is free and nothing is cheaper bought on time payments.

I like the size of my 4S, but may eventually buy a used or refurb 5s....unless the stock market keeps going up and I feel like putting some cash into Apple's pocket. I really should since they have made me more money than MANY iphones (their stock) over the years.

Realistically, a $200 Android phone would do what I need and more...but there is something to be said for the camera and photo quality of iphones...as well as the resale value, etc.

If I do splurge on the new one, it would definitely be the 4.7". I don't need a tablet...I have an Nexus 7 and never use it.

No problem if you wear loose pants....I bet a Nexus 7 would fit in there no problem.
;)

Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 7.20.13 PM.webp

I've own/ed a Windows Mobile, Android, Blackberry, and iPhone, I buy according to what I want to do, not what I want to show-off.

iPhone 5 and Nexus 5 are both really good phones. I own both.

Last edited:
I just pre-ordered a Space Grey 128GB iPhone 6. The 5.5 size is really bigger than I like - but wish the 6 was actually a 5" instead.

I was going to pre-order it, but I am just going to wait until its released so I can check both of them out...I want something that feels comfortable.

Top Bottom