Which iPhone 6 will you get?

Which iPhone 6 will you buy?

• iPhone 6 (4.7 inches)

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • iPhone 6 Plus (5.5 inches)

Votes: 23 44.2%

• Total voters
I was in the middle of a lengthly reply to address nonsense like paid OS (its free, trust me) and cooling (no...just...no.) but as @Steve F pointed out. Wrong place and it's a convo that's been done over and over. I cant even begin to describe how incorrect your statements are. I say this as someone who uses BOTH OS X and Windows daily. Seriously if you don't own a Mac or haven't spent significant time using one, you're not in a place to judge at all.

It'd be like me claiming Android phones suck because I'd only used iPhones. It's a nonsensical comment based on lies and opinions I've seen online, which is pointless arguing over when you know the other party doesn't have all the facts. The comment you made about the OS being paid, and the cooling highlights your knowledge of Mac's is based on stuff you've read online, all of it I can tell you is nonsense.

A note on updates.

My last paid copy of OS X was Snow Leopard in 2009. Since then we've had Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks and now Yosemite. All of these are 100% free as are all their minor updates. In comparison no 'major' versions of Windows are free.

I was in the middle of a lengthly reply to address nonsense like paid OS (its free, trust me) and cooling (no...just...no.) but as @Steve F pointed out. Wrong place and it's a convo that's been done over and over. I cant even begin to describe how incorrect your statements are. I say this as someone who uses BOTH OS X and Windows daily. Seriously if you don't own a Mac or haven't spent significant time using one, you're not in a place to judge at all.

It'd be like me claiming Android phones suck because I'd only used iPhones. It's a nonsensical comment based on lies and opinions I've seen online, which is pointless arguing over when you know the other party doesn't have all the facts. The comment you made about the OS being paid, and the cooling highlights your knowledge of Mac's is based on stuff you've read online, all of it I can tell you is nonsense.

A note on updates.

My last paid copy of OS X was Snow Leopard in 2009. Since then we've had Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks and now Yosemite. All of these are 100% free as are all their minor updates. In comparison no 'major' versions of Windows are free.
OS X does cost... Mavericks was free and the next one is announced to be free before that. And yeah, I do own a Mac actually, it gets hot after prolonged use. Also had an iPhone 4S.

iPhones aren't that bad of devices actually, like I said before, considering the 6 Plus. Think Apple will address these issues with bending? Personally, I don't care that much, people were applying pressure and under pressure I'm not surprised aluminum bends, especially considering the size of that device. Still, if it's as bad as I've read like it bending in your pocket I might hold on for a month before making the transition.

Not sure what exact function you are talking about, but you can record music with Android. There are plenty of apps available for this.

Right tool for the right job. Why take pictures with a smartphone when a DSLR is so much better? Because the camera you have with you is better than the one you forgot at home. You don't always need a DSLR. For music/audio you can strap an iPhone to your guitar or an iPad to your mic stand when performing live or recording stuff on the road.

As to the iPhone 6 I decided to go with the 6 Plus and my wife is getting the 6. I didn't find the 6 Plus too big when I tried it out, and I seem to be spending much less time making calls and more time using other methods to communicate (text, e-mail). Besides, there seems to be a shortage of the 6 Plus, so if I really don't like it I'm sure I can trade it with someone who wants it.

Worth noting that Lion was the last OS X to cost money - but it was only £17, which compared to a £75-80 Windows license is pretty awesome. Mountain Lion onwards are all free as long as you have an Apple ID and access to the Mac App Store.

As for the topic at hand: I don't think I mentioned here that I got my iPhone 6 Plus and an Apple leather case. It's really nice for me - I use my phone so often (and never use my tablet) that it does an awful lot of things better than the iPhone 5 did just by having more real estate to work with. Plus that camera is gorgeous. I got used to the size within a couple of days, tops.

Yeah, windows updates are major. They involve major, noticeable changes. What's new in an OS X update? Folder tagging? LOL

Yeah, windows updates are major. They involve major, noticeable changes. What's new in an OS X update? Folder tagging? LOL
Most of the changes are only noticeable if you already use OS X, but there have been a lot of changes in the last updates. It's just that they don't fix what ain't broke, and all the updates are free xp

(and if you look at Yosemite and don't think that's a fairly major change...)

Not sure why people even consider getting an iPhone 6/6+ when there are Android phones available that are far superior for less money. I got myself a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact and it's nearly perfect in any way, top-notch hardware with a screen size that's just right.
Maybe because they are already part of the Apple eco-system and like the way it all integrates together? I know the Android phones don't play as well on Mac's as they do Windows machines.

wife likes 'em big

:coffee:

Phones, we are talking about phones... :whistle:

Sorry. :giggle:

It had to be done.
BoVi6XF.gif

Maybe because they are already part of the Apple eco-system and like the way it all integrates together? I know the Android phones don't play as well on Mac's as they do Windows machines.

Most iPhone owners are Windows PC owners just like most computer users own Windows PC's. The iPhone drastically outsells the Mac, so where do you think all those extra phones are going? ;)

Most iPhone owners are Windows PC owners just like most computer users own Windows PC's. The iPhone drastically outsells the Mac, so where do you think all those extra phones are going? ;)
And exactly what does that have to do with the fact that they may be already part of the Apple Eco-sphere and that Android doesn't play as well on a Mac as well as on a Windows PC (which is what my reply pertained to as a response on why someone would want an iPhone)?

It wasn't a discussion on which sells more - the PC or the Mac.... the question you quoted the response to was a very direct one with a specific answer in reply.

And 6 of them are at my household.

And exactly what does that have to do with the fact that they may be already part of the Apple Eco-sphere and that Android doesn't play as well on a Mac as well as on a Windows PC (which is what my reply pertained to as a response on why someone would want an iPhone)?

I understood your reply to mean that lots of people buy iPhones because they work well with Macs (Apple eco-system and how it integrates). But since most people who own iPhones don't own Macs, then there must be some other valid reasons why people buy them that has nothing to do with what type of PC they own.

I think people buy iPhones because of the iOS eco-system, not the Apple eco-system. You simply can't match the selection and quality of Apps for iOS nor can you match third party support for things like accessories or cases. Add to that the customer service/support and the quality of the devices and it makes for a very compelling product.

Who sits on their phone whilst driving 4 hours to a location and back again. Your just asking for a bendy iphone. Oh, lets jump on this mobile device and wonder why the screen is cracked. #onlyinamerica

Checked out both today and liked the smaller version. It's a little taller than what I currently have and seems like a good size.

Side note... long story short I had an iphone years ago(can't remember which version) and within 2-3 weeks it starting acting weird. Took it to my local Apple store and they said I voided the warranty because there's water damage, I can tell you right now it didn't touch a drip of water at all. The phone rep said the sensors are so sensitive even condensation could set it off. Anyways just held out with the phone until my next contract and went Android.

About a year or two so after Apple telling me I was out of luck I got a letter saying a class action lawsuit had been filed regarding denying people warranties, it said I was automatically in it(to opt out send a letter to them if I wanted too).

I didn't think much of it, I've been in a few class action lawsuits for random things and always got like a check for 60 cents to a couple bucks.
Yesterday after I went to check out the iphones as I'm upgrading soon, I headed home and there was a letter from the Apple Warranty Lawsuit. Opening it up expecting my few pennies it was a check for $250 bucks :D, so that was cool.

Top Bottom