• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Which directory is "root"

mrchasez

I need files in the xenforo root.
I don't know which one that is.

Is that inside of /public_html
Or maybe /public_html/Libraries ?

Thanks

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
In your case the forum root is the same as the web root. public_html/ is a typical name for the web root so that's probably it. I can't know for sure without admin access to your forum.

Hi - I apologize for my stupidity - I just purchased Xenforo yesterday. I'm having a really difficult time installing a Style I purchased, as well as Post Ratings add-on. I've been trying for hours. Can someone help me figure out where exactly the files are supposed to be placed in the root directory? I am so lost & frustrated. Thank you.

I posted this in another topic as well. Just trying to get as much help as I can. I really like the Xenforo platform, I just can't upload anything! Thank you.

RobParker

public_html/ is your root.

Did you upload the contents of the xenforo folder there or did you upload the folder itself?

Maybe post a screenshot of your directory contents?

RobParker

Is that last screenshot the full contents (data, images, includes, etc)? What directory is that the contents of? There should be some other files, index.php, admin.php, etc in there.