1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which directory is "root"

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by mrchasez, Oct 31, 2012.

1. mrchasez

mrchasez Active Member

I need files in the xenforo root.
    I don't know which one that is.

Is that inside of /public_html
    Or maybe /public_html/Libraries ?

2. xfrocks

xfrocks Well-Known Member

If your domain is mrchasez.com
    And you can access XenForo at http://mrchasez.com, it's very likely that xenforo root is /public_html. No guarantee though.
    Jake Bunce likes this.
  3. mrchasez

mrchasez Active Member

Was just making sure since the file didn't work.
    Site: http://kingscrafters.com/
  4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

In your case the forum root is the same as the web root. public_html/ is a typical name for the web root so that's probably it. I can't know for sure without admin access to your forum.
  5. CFMack

CFMack New Member

Hi - I apologize for my stupidity - I just purchased Xenforo yesterday. I'm having a really difficult time installing a Style I purchased, as well as Post Ratings add-on. I've been trying for hours. Can someone help me figure out where exactly the files are supposed to be placed in the root directory? I am so lost & frustrated. Thank you.

I posted this in another topic as well. Just trying to get as much help as I can. I really like the Xenforo platform, I just can't upload anything! Thank you.
  6. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

public_html/ is your root.

Did you upload the contents of the xenforo folder there or did you upload the folder itself?

Maybe post a screenshot of your directory contents?
  7. CFMack

CFMack New Member

Thanks, Rob. Here are the screenshots. I've been following directions to the T - "upload the contents of the Upload folder, etc."

Attached Files:

8. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

Is that last screenshot the full contents (data, images, includes, etc)? What directory is that the contents of? There should be some other files, index.php, admin.php, etc in there.
  9. CFMack

CFMack New Member

No, there are two more screenshots... It is of the second public folder..

Attached Files: