Where is 1.1?

Rest assured that we are working as hard and fast as we can to deliver a 1.1 product that is as solid, stable and innovative as 1.0 was. It's not ready to be rolled out yet, but as soon as it is, we will do so. Nobody wants XenForo 1.1 to be released quickly as much as we do, but we won't sacrifice stability or polish to achieve that result.

I don't think anyone expects you to rush or release anything before it has met your high standards proven in 1.0.

However, people do like treats, maybe a new screenshot of something not seen before will help calm some nerves ;)

Go man go! Mush!

*goes back to rocking in the corner*

I don't think anyone expects you to rush or release anything before it has met your high standards proven in 1.0.

However, people do like treats, maybe a new screenshot of something not seen before will help calm some nerves ;)

Go man go! Mush!

*goes back to rocking in the corner*

Mush?

GRRR!!!!

siberian_husky_2.jpg

A thing to consider is every moment spent on showing us stuff is a moment not spent on the product.

It is also a possible welcome break from sitting at a desk coding for hours upon end. It adds variety into the working hours. I for one welcome the time the guys take to interact with their customers. It allows the formation of a long standing bond between both parties and certainly makes me feel warm and fuzzy as I am not just seen as a number in a database.

Rest assured that we are working as hard and fast as we can to deliver a 1.1 product that is as solid, stable and innovative as 1.0 was. It's not ready to be rolled out yet, but as soon as it is, we will do so. Nobody wants XenForo 1.1 to be released quickly as much as we do, but we won't sacrifice stability or polish to achieve that result.

Absolutely, Kier. I hope you don't take the posts of some of us here, who are just having a bit of fun, as criticism.
As said, some of us need 1.1 to switch, but I'm 100% with you, it needs to be solid and we're not really under pressure (at least I'm not), but just eager. :-)

Absolutely, Kier. I hope you don't take the posts of some of us here, who are just having a bit of fun, as criticism.
As said, some of us need 1.1 to switch, but I'm 100% with you, it needs to be solid and we're not really under pressure (at least I'm not), but just eager. :)
Agreed :) Im eager but not in any hurry.

And that is why my site runs on xenforo :)

As said, some of us need 1.1 to switch, but I'm 100% with you, it needs to be solid and we're not really under pressure (at least I'm not), but just eager. :)

Heck I think we are all eager. ;) Just with all the negativity that has been the norm elsewhere, certain posts just smell too familiar, whether joking or not.

I would be fibbing if I claimed not to check in once a day to see if there is any new news. :D

I just use an rss feeder in mail to update...when I hear mail comes in each time...I do get excited...but we shall see if my time frame of after ForumCon is correct ;)

I just use an rss feeder in mail to update...when I hear mail comes in each time...I do get excited...but we shall see if my time frame of after ForumCon is correct
Business wise it's better to release 1.1 prior to ForumCon so you have some facts to show, rather than fiction.
But that's just my opinion.

Business wise it`s better to have a stable and high-quality software product.
Who cares about ForumCon?
In your words .. they shouldn't sleep, not spend time with family. Not work during business hours, but 24/7/365, just so you don't have to wait another month? .. #wow

I rather that they take the time off, have the freedom to play around with features, and be innovating. I rather see them clear the mind by sleeping long enough and spending the weekends with the family. So they have a fresh view on what they're doing and don't get lost in it. It's important to go to events like ForumCon, it's good for their business and their customers. It drives sales, word of mouth, potential business deals, and motivate them to produce a better product.

If you want rushed development with no innovation, burst-coding batches, get a vbulletin 4 license.

Everyone from my village knows that the "1.1" is only a myth. Any fool who would dare to seek it would have their eyes plucked and intestines boiled. Fools must tread carefully for the journey to the "1.1" is not for the weak of heart.

I planing a rally "We Demand 1.1" who wants to join ?!

1.1 what? :p

Well considering that Kier is a speaker at Forumcon I guess he had best go. :p
Alvin Fong, VP Business Operations, Internet Brands will also be a speaker. I would love to attend and here these two presentations.

Top Bottom