Where is 1.1?

1.1 what? :p

Well considering that Kier is a speaker at Forumcon I guess he had best go. :p
Alvin Fong, VP Business Operations, Internet Brands will also be a speaker. I would love to attend and here these two presentations.

Lol just noticed that too...

Kier and Alvin, sitting in a tree..... k..i...s...s... oh maybe not ;) Would be nice to see Kier wipe the floor with Alvin and his "bright new ideas" for the dying beast....

Or half the audience walks out when anyone from IB takes the podium... ;)

I considered going (it's a few hours' drive for me), but nobody else I know is going to attend. Not worth it if that's the case.

I would love to attend but unfortunately it is a lot of money to go from the UK especially as my forums are a hobby and I do not wish/want to make money from them.

In your words .. they shouldn't sleep, not spend time with family. Not work during business hours, but 24/7/365, just so you don't have to wait another month? .. #wow

I rather that they take the time off, have the freedom to play around with features, and be innovating. I rather see them clear the mind by sleeping long enough and spending the weekends with the family. So they have a fresh view on what they're doing and don't get lost in it. It's important to go to events like ForumCon, it's good for their business and their customers. It drives sales, word of mouth, potential business deals, and motivate them to produce a better product.

If you want rushed development with no innovation, burst-coding batches, get a vbulletin 4 license.

Not sure why you are interpreting my words exactly the opposite as of what I am saying?

Looking forward to 1.1
Notices should be interesting.
They can be very powerful ... which is both a good and bad thing.
I think they are a granular way to target messages to certain users of your site.
However, they could annoy the he|_|_ out of people as well.

As a community, people should share what they've done (what notice message, what settings) and what effect it had (good and bad).
As Notices are clearly a new powerful tool ... the pioneers should report how it worked out !
pioneer.jpg

T minus 3 days ?

Gather around me fellow community members! I know the dark forbidden spell to summon the dark one who will tell us what we need to know!

*Begins chanting*

Top Bottom