Where is 1.1?

It makes no difference at all that the current vB4 importer is unofficial.

It does exactly the same job as any official importer would.

It makes no difference at all that the current vB4 importer is unofficial.

It does exactly the same job as any official importer would.
The vB4 importer isn't supported and I performed test migration with it - and it worked wonderfully! I'd however want a robust, proven importer with code approved by Mike & Kier ( :D ) before I migrate my site officially.

I'm okay with unofficial importer but Paul isn't supporting it at the moment. :(

Worse, I don't even know the 'P' of PHP!

So a hypothetical situation for all of you waiting for a 1.1 importer then.

Kier and Mike already made it clear that there was little point in duplicating effort on an official importer when the one Paul M did was perfectly adequate.

King Kovifor is now writing an importer which will support 1.1 and all of the features and functionality.
If Kier and Mike take the same approach to this new importer, does that mean you also won't use that as it's unofficial?

Paul did a really great job with his importer for xF1. I tested it. But as he stated he will not continue his work. Isn't that a good time for a official importer? How can we be sure that other members will continue their work on it?

Paul did a really great job with his importer for xF1. I tested it. But as he stated he will not continue his work. Isn't that a good time for a official importer? How can we be sure that other members will continue their work on it?
Why does it matter? By the time the importer is out you've probably converted, so there is no point to use the importer again?

I just hope to see an official vb 4 importer along with ... I'd not wait even a second for move to XF.
if you care much about prefix and profile field you shoud definitely wait for an official importer. Otherwise the unofficial importer does pretty much a great job importing users, threads, blogs...

We finally updated our 119,000 plus vB4 forum to XF today. Since we don't use prefixes, I installed XF 1.0.4, ran the original vB4 updater, then went to 1.1b4. So far so good, though there are minor glitches I'm going to want to tackle. So, member profile fields seem to need adjustment, for example.

Standard stuff, such as Occupation, etc. Seems to be cutting off letters at the end of the member's description.

One more thing: Is it possible to eliminate the display showing the number of views a forum has?

Standard stuff, such as Occupation, etc. Seems to be cutting off letters at the end of the member's description.

One more thing: Is it possible to eliminate the display showing the number of views a forum has?
Please keep us posted about your traffic :) That's one thing I'm following quite a lot these days.

We've custom profile fields - that's why I'm waiting :)

a forum doesn#t have views?
do you mean the threads?
if yes, you'll need to edit your thread_list_item template and remove
Code:
<dl class="minor"><dt>{xen:phrase views}:</dt> <dd>{xen:if $thread.isRedirect, '&ndash;', {xen:number $thread.view_count}}</dd></dl>

Top Bottom