XF 2.0 Where do I even start learning to code?

Dan619

Firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong area, I just didn't see where else to post it!

Basically I have a few ideas for add-on's that I would like to make and I am interested in learning to code. Basically I am asking if anyone would be so kind as to give me some ideas on where to start to learn coding for Xenforo? I'm eager to learn :)

Thanks

Dan

The links here might need updating since the XF 2 demo forum is no longer available :

What's new for developers?
Although XenForo 2.0 adds a lot of improvements for your forums and its members, a significant amount of effort has been put into improving the underlying framework of XenForo. You can read more information about these changes in the following threads:

If you don’t know PHP yet, I’d recommend you start with a PHP fundamentals course on treehouse/udemy/pluralsight, etc. Also, take your time going through the XF2 Dev Docs, try to understand why stuff works before moving on to the next thing. If you have questions along the way, ask them, the community has amazing support.

If you don’t know PHP yet, I’d recommend you start with a PHP fundamentals course on treehouse/udemy/pluralsight, etc. Also, take your time going through the XF2 Dev Docs, try to understand why stuff works before moving on to the next thing. If you have questions along the way, ask them, the community has amazing support.

Thanks for the heads up, I've signed up to TreeHouse to see how it goes! So far it's pretty useful!

Top Bottom