When Xenforo 1.1 Gold?

ManuTdi

My question may be easy or complicated :D, but I would like to know approximately when will be finished the final version xenforo 1.1 already to utulizo a style that xenforo 1.1 not this finish does not update this style and for me it is important because I use the beta 2 and there are things that I do not function due to lack of update of the style.

Greetings and thanks

You're unlikely to get a definitive answer as it depends on how the Beta and RC stages go.

There is a date pencilled in, but it's not for me to say what that is.

also waiting for XF 1.1 stable, in order to upgrade my forum...... would be great to have it available "soon" ;) .
Rather want to have a stable release asap, than having new features added..... for the moment....

also waiting for XF 1.1 stable, in order to upgrade my forum...... would be great to have it available "soon" ;) .
Rather want to have a stable release asap, than having new features added..... for the moment....
Beta stages generally don't add new features anyway.

Yes, serious.

There are a few new things still to come.

Whilst I agree with James that Beta phases normally don't include new features, we have seen it before with 1.0 and in fact it has been happening since 1.1 Beta 1 was released, based on feedback from the community.

My question may be easy or complicated :D, but I would like to know approximately when will be finished the final version xenforo 1.1 already to utulizo a style that xenforo 1.1 not this finish does not update this style and for me it is important because I use the beta 2 and there are things that I do not function due to lack of update of the style.

Greetings and thanks

In a few months, most likely (my customer without inside info guess).

The developers don't give a commitment for the new version. Unfortunately, every time a date is promised, the customers take that as a binding commitment and keep the developers word to it, and if the date slips they become enraged, silly, and mean ... :) (hypothetical scenario, of course, not that I have seen that happening ... several times)

So .. sit down, relax, enjoy the software that you have, play with the beta. The released version will be here sooner than you thing :) If you need a style that only works with 1.0.4, do not update :)

OP: Just realize that if they say "monday" and they find a potentially huge issue over the weekend, that the week is being used to iron that out so it's ok to release it. Therefor very tough to even give an estimate. Only based on known bugs and "we are aiming for.." dates would help them hope for a timely release. At the moment I am certain that a beta 3 or rc1 is pretty damn close, pending how the law suit stuff is going. And followed by either the first or the second rc, in November. And this makes it realistic that the stable build is out before end of the year. How this gets any better depends on their free time, bug fixing, and bug reporting, etc.

I agree with the OP, I was under the impression that we were waiting for the full release and whilst the beta is working ok. the fact that it's a beta means that Style developers are waiting for Gold before they update their styles.

I want to use Flexile for my forum but I cant because prefixes dont show up properly as well as a few other issues. It means Im waiting for 1.1 gold and not having an approximate date to work with is a little frustrating.

It wouldn't be such an issue if style and add-on developers werent holding off for 1.1 Gold too but I can understand them wanting to wait rather than duplicate their work.

I want to use Flexile for my forum but I cant because prefixes dont show up properly as well as a few other issues. It means Im waiting for 1.1 gold and not having an approximate date to work with is a little frustrating.

So you've already updated to 1.1. beta on your live site?

I think the new features are improvements of existing new features frm Beta.
I have a strong timeplan for my vB->XF Move. But if there is no 1.1 Gold avaibale, I'll move to Beta or RC. No Problem. The actual state is OK for me.

Give them the Time, they need.

No my live site is still on vBulletin. I need prefixes and a couple of other 1.1 features before I switch

Ah, I see. I'm in a similar boat waiting to switch from IPBoard, but am loving the changes and tweaks that Kier and Mike are making and would prefer to have those things in 1.1 than have it now. ;)

Have you setup a test site to demonstrate XF to your membership yet? That might keep you busy whilst XF 1.1 gets though to stable. (y)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Top Bottom