1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When Xenforo 1.1 Gold?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by ManuTdi, Oct 16, 2011.

  1. ManuTdi

    ManuTdi Active Member

    My question may be easy or complicated :D, but I would like to know approximately when will be finished the final version xenforo 1.1 already to utulizo a style that xenforo 1.1 not this finish does not update this style and for me it is important because I use the beta 2 and there are things that I do not function due to lack of update of the style.

    Greetings and thanks
  2. Brogan

    Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    You're unlikely to get a definitive answer as it depends on how the Beta and RC stages go.

    There is a date pencilled in, but it's not for me to say what that is.
    Manu Ruiz Esteve likes this.
  3. erich37

    erich37 Well-Known Member

    also waiting for XF 1.1 stable, in order to upgrade my forum...... would be great to have it available "soon" ;) .
    Rather want to have a stable release asap, than having new features added..... for the moment....
    faeronsayn and Manu Ruiz Esteve like this.
  4. James

    James Well-Known Member

    Beta stages generally don't add new features anyway.
  5. DaveL

    DaveL Well-Known Member

    Beta 3 will have apparently!
  6. James

    James Well-Known Member

    Entirely new or built on existing features?
  7. ChemicalKicks

    ChemicalKicks Well-Known Member

    Are you commenting on Brogans comment in another thread, I took it as him joking :)
  8. DaveL

    DaveL Well-Known Member

    Ah ok, I thought he was being serious!
  9. Brogan

    Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    Yes, serious.

    There are a few new things still to come.

    Whilst I agree with James that Beta phases normally don't include new features, we have seen it before with 1.0 and in fact it has been happening since 1.1 Beta 1 was released, based on feedback from the community.
    DaveL, Veer and James like this.
  10. ChemicalKicks

    ChemicalKicks Well-Known Member

    I could well be wrong.
  11. Veer

    Veer Well-Known Member

    I guess we'll see some new features and improvements in beta 3
    Manu Ruiz Esteve likes this.
  12. ChemicalKicks

    ChemicalKicks Well-Known Member

  13. Rigel Kentaurus

    Rigel Kentaurus Well-Known Member

    In a few months, most likely (my customer without inside info guess).

    The developers don't give a commitment for the new version. Unfortunately, every time a date is promised, the customers take that as a binding commitment and keep the developers word to it, and if the date slips they become enraged, silly, and mean ... :) (hypothetical scenario, of course, not that I have seen that happening ... several times)

    So .. sit down, relax, enjoy the software that you have, play with the beta. The released version will be here sooner than you thing :) If you need a style that only works with 1.0.4, do not update :)
    trilogy33 and Forsaken like this.
  14. Floris

    Floris Guest

    OP: Just realize that if they say "monday" and they find a potentially huge issue over the weekend, that the week is being used to iron that out so it's ok to release it. Therefor very tough to even give an estimate. Only based on known bugs and "we are aiming for.." dates would help them hope for a timely release. At the moment I am certain that a beta 3 or rc1 is pretty damn close, pending how the law suit stuff is going. And followed by either the first or the second rc, in November. And this makes it realistic that the stable build is out before end of the year. How this gets any better depends on their free time, bug fixing, and bug reporting, etc.
  15. Lone Wolf

    Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

    I agree with the OP, I was under the impression that we were waiting for the full release and whilst the beta is working ok. the fact that it's a beta means that Style developers are waiting for Gold before they update their styles.

    I want to use Flexile for my forum but I cant because prefixes dont show up properly as well as a few other issues. It means Im waiting for 1.1 gold and not having an approximate date to work with is a little frustrating.

    It wouldn't be such an issue if style and add-on developers werent holding off for 1.1 Gold too but I can understand them wanting to wait rather than duplicate their work.
    MGSteve and Manu Ruiz Esteve like this.
  16. CyclingTribe

    CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

    So you've already updated to 1.1. beta on your live site?
  17. Lone Wolf

    Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

    No my live site is still on vBulletin. I need prefixes and a couple of other 1.1 features before I switch
    Hoffi likes this.
  18. Hoffi

    Hoffi Well-Known Member

    I think the new features are improvements of existing new features frm Beta.
    I have a strong timeplan for my vB->XF Move. But if there is no 1.1 Gold avaibale, I'll move to Beta or RC. No Problem. The actual state is OK for me.

    Give them the Time, they need.
  19. captainslater

    captainslater Well-Known Member

    Do you move blutschwerter to xF?
  20. CyclingTribe

    CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

    Ah, I see. I'm in a similar boat waiting to switch from IPBoard, but am loving the changes and tweaks that Kier and Mike are making and would prefer to have those things in 1.1 than have it now. ;)

    Have you setup a test site to demonstrate XF to your membership yet? That might keep you busy whilst XF 1.1 gets though to stable. (y)

    Shaun :D

Share This Page