When will 1.2 Beta be released?

They should be released on Mondays anyway. Everyone hates going back to work on a Monday after the weekend, it's something to look forward to.

They should be released on Mondays anyway. Everyone hates going back to work on a Monday after the weekend, it's something to look forward to.

I think xF uses Tuesday for the same reason Blizzard does, if something comes up over the weekend. They have Monday to fix it along with any final polishing can be completed on a fresh mind, fresh work week mind set. Other then emergencies, WoW has always been Tuesday for any extended shutdown maint along with all content patch and new expansion releases. Since moving to BNet2 for the adding of the latest games, SC2 and D3 use the same Tuesday rule. Any other day of the week it is always just rolling restarts except in the few rare incidents of an emergency.

Why be presented as a beta.litigation process, so we waited.Dealing with the beta versions.

this is bad news, xenforo slowly developing.

XenForo is in full development now after the law suit and the beta product is in testing here so it can be as high quality as possible once released.

There's no bad news here, and certainly nothing slow about it.

Be patient.

Why be presented as a beta.litigation process, so we waited.Dealing with the beta versions.

XenForo has traditionally 'eaten its own dog food' to guarantee us a quality product. v1.0 Alpha ran on this site for a few months before it was released as a public beta. v1.1 was installed here and had a few weeks as a public alpha test here. The same is happening with 1.2 and I can guarantee that ~100 bug reports were already fixed before giving it to us.

I see no issues with that. XenForo was 'slow' in development during the lawsuit since a chunk of time had to be focused on that. Its now back in full swing and is occurring quite quickly. Within a few weeks after the lawsuit, hundreds of bug reports were fixed. 1.2 is a great improvement and no bad news is to be found.

The pattern of announcements suggests a couple things:

1. The work effort involved in the release cycle is > 1 working day, hence no announcements on Mondays.
2. Weekends are their time, family time, etc., hence no weekend releases and few Friday releases with the potential to have them picking up the pieces into the weekend.

A wise gambler would put money only on Tuesdays. I'm not a wise gambler & I really want the 1.2 Beta, so I will bet on tomorrow (Thursday).

I see no issues with that. XenForo was 'slow' in development during the lawsuit since a chunk of time had to be focused on that. Its now back in full swing and is occurring quite quickly. Within a few weeks after the lawsuit, hundreds of bug reports were fixed. 1.2 is a great improvement and no bad news is to be found.

I don't believe it slowed down. I think they just quit talking about it publicly because everything they said gave that other company (sorry, still can't remember the name thanks to self-induced amnesia) an excuse to amend the complaint with the latest ludicrous fairy tale. One way to slow down the spew from the other side was to quit giving them straws at which to grasp.

The beta is of 1.2 there have been 2 releases since the lawsuit ended 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 those were out not too long after the lawsuit was over and now working on 1.2 with running the beta here to make sure it's as good as it can be when we finally get our greedy little hands on it. We all want 1.2 but patience is a virtue. They will release it when they feel it's ready and also keep in mind before the lawsuit this site wasn't running beta it wasn't running beta until very recently both 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 are gold (stable) releases. So in less than 6 months there have been 2 minor version updates and a beta of a major build running on the company forums. How is that slow and how is this bad news?

Top Bottom