When will 1.2 Beta be released?

Far we see the bug reports are nothing major, mainly issues related to responsive style / editor. But bugs that are not causing any functionality to become unusable.
That's why i think it can be given to customers, i can't any longer break anything! :rolleyes:

Yup i know @Andrej ... Sadly i'm waiting for 1.2 for launch our forums in Xenforo, what it is no good to do into 1.1 version and after some time need to upgrade to 12. I feel it is better to start in 1.2 beta itself and with updates will fixing stuff, etc...

I believe most of the reported bugs should be resolved before the beta would be released for public testing. I see no point in hurrying.

I don't. Software is never bug-free.

For a beta release (assuming the overall design is in place & working) I'd only be conerned about issues that would damage the DB, or recurring bugs which cause significant usability issues for the end user (e.g. hangups or traps to error messages) or resource issues w/ one's ISP (runaway scripts).

Betas don't have to be perfect. They do have to work well enough for the customer to evaluate the products and help find all the lesser bugs, and the customer should have a usable product in hand for the duration.

That said, XenForo has a good track record of placing quality ahead of schedules.

(but is is ready yet? :D)

Finally less than 40 active bug reports, let's hope the bug count still not increasing like mad to beta be released! :giggle:

But But But But But But... Sigh must launch my new community, launch in 1.1 then in a few time need to upgrade it? I'm so stuck in a wall :(

Why is that?

Refer to the base post -- my exhaustive study of XenForo releases since the dawn of time.

Most releases have been on Tuesdays, but quite a few have also been announced on Thursdays, very few on Wednesdays & Fridays, none Saturday - Monday.

Tomorrow is Thursday. :D If they miss tomorrow, my money's on next Tuesday.

I would guess a July beta release. I think a little more time, a little more waiting is required, and a little more patience whilst more bugs to give the software even more stability is a better path to take. Yeah!!!! :D

Just sayin'.......

Personal favorite so far has been "I'd like to test this to make sure all the features I require go live before I put b1 on my site. Can we get a pre-release before the beta?"

But honestly, I subscribe to the "When its ready." mentality since I'm a developer and I know its never black and white on when a release should be made.

Just sayin'.......
12.webp

Refer to the base post -- my exhaustive study of XenForo releases since the dawn of time.

Most releases have been on Tuesdays, but quite a few have also been announced on Thursdays, very few on Wednesdays & Fridays, none Saturday - Monday.

Tomorrow is Thursday. :D If they miss tomorrow, my money's on next Tuesday.

Only one on a Thursday I think?

Top Bottom