1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 might be released this tuesday

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by imthebest, Aug 3, 2014.

XF 1.4 Beta 1 release date

1. I think you're right, we'll see XF 1.4 Beta 1 this tuesday

16 vote(s)
  2. I don't think so, it's too soon!

21 vote(s)
  3. Super120, man really what's your obsession with new version numbers?

33 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

Here are the facts:

1. Mr. Brogan posted this tutorial yesterday even when XF 1.4 isn't available yet.
    2. Welcome to XF 1.3 was posted on Jan 22, 2014 (wednesday) and XenForo 1.3.0 Beta 1 was released the next tuesday: Jan 28, 2014
    3. Welcome to XF 1.4 has been posted July 30, 2014 (wednesday, too!)... XenForo 1.4.0 Beta 1 to be released this tuesday Aug 5, 2014?

What do you think?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    jadmperry and wickedstangs like this.
  2. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

I thought I have the last words on when the next version might be released ;)
    (inside joke for the old time XF members)
    D.O.A. and Russ like this.
  3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

From a post Mike made, the next release will could be 1.3.5 whenever it's ready.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

1.4 may or may not be release before 1.3.5. That comment was a loose saying, not a concrete fact.
    Amaury likes this.
  5. Lexy

Lexy Active Member

i realy dont see why rush about 1.4??

All webamster will wait to all installed plugin will be rewriten to works with 1.4 me first, only after that goes upgrade to 1.4.
  6. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

They won't need rewriting to work with 1.4. You're getting confused between 1.4 and 2.0 :)
    Veer and MichaelDance like this.
  7. Lexy

Lexy Active Member

will see
  8. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Will see what? It's already been stated that addons will need to be rewritten for 2.0. 1.4 is just a update release for the 1.x series, nothing will need completely rewriting for that, slight tweaking for the odd one here and there but not complete rewrites.
  9. Lexy

Lexy Active Member

ok will see :ROFLMAO:
  10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I posted that purely to demonstrate how simple it is to move the indicator, in an attempt to put the minds of those who are concerned about it at rest and to defuse the huge discussion regarding the default placement.

Nothing more should be read into it.
    IcEWoLF, Amaury, MichaelDance and 3 others like this.
  11. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

There's no reason to think any different that add-ons would need re-written from the ground up. As Azhrialilu stated and going by the history of xenforo updates they'll most likely need the odd touch up here or there and in most cases untouched.
    MichaelDance likes this.
  12. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

That went well :whistle:

But then people wouldn't be able to write conspiracy theories about everything :cautious:
  13. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

What time? Tell me what time on Tuesday? Please don't specify it in GMT though.
    jadmperry likes this.
  14. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Do you need a countdown clock to help you?
    Tracy Perry and SneakyDave like this.
  15. The Sandman

The Sandman Well-Known Member

There's no reason XF 1.3.5 and XF 1.4.0 Beta couldn't be released on the same day. They're two different things under concurrent development and it wouldn't be unprecedented for them to be released together.
  16. Karelke

Karelke Active Member

I think it's too soon.
    Floyd R Turbo and RoldanLT like this.
  17. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

I think it's too soon to upgrade my Live Forum (after test upgrade) :D
    Lexy likes this.
  18. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

They do tend to do releases on Tuesdays so it's not much of a stretch. You seem to worry about release schedules way too much though.
    Amaury likes this.
  19. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Where is the vote option. "people really need to stop making threads like these"?
  20. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

It will be released when it's released... why worry about something you have no control over. Sit back, grab a cold beverage of choice and enjoy the important things in life.
    Lexy, Amaury and RoldanLT like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.