As designed When adding or updating a resource, automatically created posts do not unfurl links

bzcomputers

Affected version
With unfurl turned on the automatic posts created when adding a new resource or updating a resource do not unfurl the links created within the post. It appears to just bypass the unfurl process.

If those posts are edited by manually removing the links from the urls and resaved the links are unfurled as expected.

Which links are you speaking about ?
Those that point to the resource or update ?

I think it's intended that way, they're between [plain] tags

Which links are you speaking about ?
Those that point to the resource or update ?

I think it's intended that way, they're between [plain] tags

Yes, those links. This could be true (that it is intended) but it seems odd that if I post the same link in a reply to the original automated post (in Resource Discussion) those links are unfurled. If they aren't going to unfurl the automated posts, then why unfurl the replies with possibly the same links? Seems very odd to me. I believe all links should all be unfurled if unfurled is turned on.

The BB code renderer essentially has different modes for different scenarios and the choices here are deliberate. It's deliberately done as it's supposed to have reduced formatting, normal links etc. mostly because it's supposed to be a short snippet.

Top Bottom