whats up with the SpaceBattles forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man am I addicted to SB, In the time its been offline ive done more study than in the previous month:rolleyes:
I started a spontaneous debate about F22 vs Su 35 on my friends gaming guild that drew in everyone in the teamspeak......

Good work on the move Kier & co, keep it up and ignore the guys who are whining.

The creative writing forum will probably overflow in a horribly mess of updates as the 200+ people looking at it at any-one time all rush to see if stories have updated and post new chapters.
CrW is the biggest part of SB now....we're like the Sci Fi annex of Fanfiction.net :confused:

Oh man am I addicted to SB, In the time its been offline ive done more study than in the previous month:rolleyes:

Heh. Reminds me; don't think I've ever seen another board where people asked to be banned because it was too addictive.
biggrin.gif

Good work on the move Kier & co, keep it up and ignore the guys who are whining.

I'll reitterate that. Much as I miss SB and with it was back ASAP, I do appreciate the time and effot of the Administratium in maintaining our community.
smile.gif

The creative writing forum will probably overflow in a horribly mess of updates as the 200+ people looking at it at any-one time all rush to see if stories have updated and post new chapters.
CrW is the biggest part of SB now....we're like the Sci Fi annex of Fanfiction.net :confused:

Heh. That and the BROB roleplaying subforum; acording my cache, it's ~612'000 posts to CW's ~950'000, and far younger.
tongue.gif

wow its been a while since a ROB has put me into a horrible horrible (and occasionally awesome) situation. but otherwise I am really looking forward to the updated site thanks for the hard work guys.:D

Oh yeah, you were talking out your butt about how bullpups are so obviously better than traditional guns and the US military was stupid for not switching to them, even though the AR15 platform has infinitely better ergonomics than any bullpup.

*sigh* No, by that point the discussion was about 7.62 vs 5.56. Minohtar trolled around saying that because I didvnot initially specify that i was talking about the plates with the intercptor vest that itvmeant that his trolling that the 5.56 would penettrate the interceptor vest was anything other than trying to salvage his utterly failing arguement.

I had stated that because the current ammo was useless against modern body armor such as the interceptor vest(By specifying the Interceptor I was obviously talking about its functionality with the steel and later ceramic plates, otherwise I wpuld have just said bulletproof vest or bulletresistant vest but no...mod had to troll and act like being anal about semantics equaled refuting a point) that we wpuld be going back to the battle rifle caliber anyways. I was also talking about armorpiercing high explosive rounds used in conjuction with the upping of the caliber. But I was derping and was typing HEAP instead of APHE.

Anyways, the bullpup thing was for specifically replacing the M4 SBR. Small Battle Rifle. As in the thing that made SMGs in modernbmilitary use obsolete. A bullpup wpuld offer tha same advantages of manueverability while retaining greater acurracy but with a slight penalty for being a pound heavier or so.

Minohtar kept trolling around about being semanticlly anal and others were saying **** about the 7.62 NATO notvhaving HE or inciencdiary rounds....

So I saw it was utterly pointless to fall to a troll with moderator privileges andbposted that song. And got the expected ban.

Yeah, let's use this web site to discuss who has been trolling on another web site. That really fits this community well.

Just joining to thank Kier for his efforts in keep spacebattles alive and moving it forward. Its almost like constant efforts are being made to allow SB to grow without it reach critical mass. Maybe we should just let it eat other forums.

And to look around the Xenforo setup too. Seems cool so far.

Yeah, let's use this web site to discuss who has been trolling on another web site. That really fits this community well.
General Schatten brought it up like that first. I was content to clarify the tempban I received.

About what? What someone asked me about and then what someone snarked about? Im not bitter about it and since it was apparently a temp I not really pissed. Or are you going to carry on with insinuations, snark, and generally pointless ****ty drivel?

I did actually manage to dig a pdf. file in that thread. You know whats messed up? I found like half a dozen sources regarding 'special' ammo for 7.62x39mm and 7.62x54r but 7.62 NATO was buried in Google. I guess Ill resort to /k/ once my ban from 4chan for the crossboard invasion expires.

So what would be the weight of a new plate for the Interceptor Vest if you shaved two millimeters off front and backside of each plate and replaced it with steel? Should be able to keep the added protection ceramic offers against incendiaries and APHE rounds while minimizing the occasional shattering and powder issue that can happen with the ceramic.

Hmmm.... By the time power armor becomes available we'll probably have Carbon Nanotube armor of both woven threads amd hard plates of Carbon. Possibly Steel/Ceramic with CNT padding along with internal clothing.

Hmmmm...wonder how many responders will just snicker and snark instead of thinking about the implications...

I need SB back. :(

Why am I not surprised that Vashon is spamming up this board as well? Oh and hey he still doesn't know the difference between a vest a plate. :ROFLMAO:

I noticed how large this thread got and thought 'wtf, how did this thread get so large? Are there posters coming over here?'

Then I saw this:
Import is complete and uploaded... just a few housekeeping duties to do before I can open up for posting, though that's going to take a while as I'm also looking after three kids under 6 years old this morning...
:LOL::ROFLMAO:

About what?

I'd wager he means bringing Drama into another forum, in general, specifics be damned. I understand the desire to clarify, but you could have done so in much less contentious terms.

Anyway, my take is it was(probably) just a case of misscommunication anyway, atleast until people dug in their heels and got defencive. Happens all the time online; I end up breaking up these kinds of little spats often enough.
tongue.gif

I'm not saying that there's a problem with changing the franchise; I'm saying the problem is running two separate versions of the same franchise simultaneously in two different unique continuities.

You'd have Star Trek: The Movies and Star Trek: The TV Show that are totally and utterly different and don't even pretend to share anything between them. I think that's where the problem would lie.
We should be okay. There are a lot of successful Sci-Fi franchises that run different time continuities at the same time. Doctor Who, Stargate, Terminator, Doctor Who, Superman, Robocop, Men in Black, Highlander, Metal Gear, TRON, Godzilla, Transformers, Thundercats, Bioshock, Megaman and even The Legend of Zelda has three different continuities.

Holy crap, I'm an SB Admin? Why do people never tell me these things?? ;)

As an aside, expect the random beatings of members and staff alike to be high on the first day we are live..... we have so much catching up to do...

Also although I am not in anyway a staff member at this forum I'm still going to ask you guys to keep his thread on topic.

-Your Friendly Neighbourhood (SB.COM) Administrator
Brogan 2.0!

I noticed how large this thread got and thought 'wtf, how did this thread get so large? Are there posters coming over here?'

Then I saw this:
:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Hey now! I've been a registered member of Spacebattles for more than a decade!

...or does that just mean I'm a 6 year old with a time machine?
drevil.gif
naughty.gif

tongue.gif

We should be okay. There are a lot of successful Sci-Fi franchises that run different time continuities at the same time. Doctor Who, Stargate, Terminator, Doctor Who, Superman, Robocop, Men in Black, Highlander, Metal Gear, TRON, Godzilla, Transformers, Thundercats, Bioshock, Megaman and even The Legend of Zelda has three different continuities.

Mentioning Tron there making an animated series of it thats coming out in June. So many good animated shows coming out this year, its like the new golden age of animation :D
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

[url=https://twitter.com/#!/SBDotComForums]SpaceBattles Forums @SBDotComForums [/url] said:
The http://SpaceBattles.com forums will reopen today :)

Someone buy this man a cake!
cool.gif

(Incidently, being able to slip functional URL tags into quote attributions like I just failed at could be handy.
tongue.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom