whats up with the SpaceBattles forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang this is taking long.(n)

I have a question, before the forums went down for the migration my subscription to the forum was about to expire. Unfortunately not knowing when the forum was going to go down meant that I couldn't plan ahead. This is further complicated because a few months back Kier cancelled the auto payment so I was doing it manually. During the migration now the final date passed on when the subscription was going to end and I was wondering would I have lost all the pictures I keep in my SB album? All the PMs I kept in my inbox? etc...

Something tells me I did but I'm hoping I didn't. May I receive a confirmation on this.

Guys look, I'm sure if we keep pestering Kier like a bunch of petulant children he'll make it go faster... probably by painting his computer red.

I was not stalking him, he was just listed under the Online Staff section, that you see just above the main Online Users on the main board.

Any idea how long before we get SB back? It feels like being banned except with the added cruel hope each day that our purgatory might end.

It's worse then being banned. At least when your banned your can still read the forums and send PMs to other members. There is still a sense of connection.

Ponies...we must all admit that ponies are awesome:notworthy: what with their brilliant coats and lets not forget about their ability to talk and do magic and fly(y), but we must not forget the truly awesome power of the GREEN SPANDEX and the POWER OF YOUTH:D

Ponies...we must all admit that ponies are awesome:notworthy: what with their brilliant coats and lets not forget about their ability to talk and do magic and fly(y), but we must not forget the truly awesome power of the GREEN SPANDEX and the POWER OF YOUTH:D
Are these the topics most often discussed on SB forum?

Right now I'm not particularly picky about where the status info comes from, it's been more than 24 hours since the last status tweet and we're on the what, fifth or sixth day of something that was supposed to take a few hours. I'm an SB-holic, and I'm experiencing withdrawal symptoms...

What this RJB says.

Most of the time not to this crazy extreme but we do have a policy of "leaving your sanity at the door" when you join.

I would also add that there is some inside jokes and teasing going on between those of us who are regular posters at SB. Just grab some popcorn, kickback, and enjoy the madcap antics:ROFLMAO:

What this RJB says.
I would also add that there is some inside jokes and teasing going on between those of us who are regular posters at SB. Just grab some popcorn, kickback, and enjoy the madcap antics:ROFLMAO:
So basically, just a huge Off-Topic forum for the SB fanatics? I thought members there would be more busy discussing mostly, I don't know, space and battle related things?
:D

SB Off Topic covers a broad range of topical issues, be it social, political, economic, science and many many more. We are no different from any other discussion board really, other than a penchance toward megalomania and a minor obsession with giant space lasers and petaton explosions in spaaaaaace.

I'm an SB-holic, and I'm experiencing withdrawal symptoms...
*Claps politely and nods sympathetically*

Right now I'm not particularly picky about where the status info comes from, it's been more than 24 hours since the last status tweet and we're on the what, fifth or sixth day of something that was supposed to take a few hours. I'm an SB-holic, and I'm experiencing withdrawal symptoms...
I was lucky with a convention to eat up my time but since that is over I have to find a plan B which maybe Marathoning some shows.

Its amazing how much of a time sink SB is.

So basically, just a huge Off-Topic forum for the SB fanatics? I thought members there would be more busy discussing mostly, I don't know, space and battle related things?

We still do that but most VS battles have been done to death so we have diversified over the years.

Bad Reaperman, no trolling. Especially since some of us really *do* discuss nothing but space battles on SB. We're vanishingly few in number, but we exist...

(actually, I'll admit to posting to the War Room as well, but only sporadically. And it's usually at least tangentially related to space. Somehow.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom