whats up with the SpaceBattles forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The quote was not there, when I first posted.

He edited it in, and I replied in kind when I thanked him for clearing that up.

I edited my post when you snuck a reply in before me Vanathor, just to make it clear.

It's safe to say that the migration is now a total cluster-you-know-what. The move to some no-name forum software was probably ill-advised to begin with.

To the Xen Forums team: seriously guys, how do you expect anyone to take you seriously if you release junk migration tools? We are talking about vBulletin here, and just maybe some of people will be running real forums who bother with your software.

Okay, there's a few things wrong with this post: Namely everything.

1) You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. It is not "safe to say" that the migration is screwed up.

2) Kier, the guy that runs the SB.com forums was the head developer of the vBulletin software; is the creator of XF.

3) Kier is the one doing the migration himself, you couldn't ask for a better person to do the migration.

4) Why don't you just leave and don't come back until you have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

I'm starting to think Spacebattles is going have to make a video similar to this one for the denizens of Xenforo once it finally comes back:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Okay, there's a few things wrong with this post: Namely everything.

1) You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. It is not "safe to say" that the migration is screwed up.

2) Kier, the guy that runs the SB.com forums was the head developer of the vBulletin software; is the creator of XF.

3) Kier is the one doing the migration himself, you couldn't ask for a better person to do the migration.

4) Why don't you just leave and don't come back until you have the slightest clue what you're talking about.
Look at his name, it's an acronym for Guy Under The Bridge, now what guy lives under a bridge?. It's just GUTB doing his typical thing against an unprepared foreign audience and sadly it's an SB regular who fell for it.

@Brogan - Quick question that popped into my head, would it be possible for you to send off a message or get ahold of Kier somehow, and see if we can get a status update on what is keeping things up?

Obviously something weird has gone on.

Hundreds of people have very successfully migrated and if anyone knows what they're doing it's Kier.

Yeah, Brogan mentioned something about some sort of issue and leaving it to Kier to explain. Haven't really had an update since the caching started. Will just have to wait and see...

Look at his name, it's an acronym for Guy Under The Bridge, now what guy lives under a bridge?. It's just GUTB doing his typical thing against an unprepared foreign audience and sadly it's an SB regular who fell for it.

Yeah, when you brought up the acronym I got it. :p I didn't even know who the heck that was. Not that what I said was wrong, mind you.

If Kier really is the creator of Xen Forums and the head developer for vBulletin -- why is this migration such a huge challenge? I'm not shooting down Kier (although it may seem that way with my previous comments in regards to junk migration tools, but you have to admit his comments about the tool seemed to suggest he was using someone elses') but the question remains. If Kier is the best person to do the migration, and there are multiple major unforeseen challenges -- anyone can see where questions may be raised, and all I'm doing here is saying out loud what many of you guys are thinking.

Now that's over can someone please whine about Incredible Cross-Section so we can either discuss ponies or the new anime Upotte!! wherein the girls are actually guns?

If Kier really is the creator of Xen Forums and the head developer for vBulletin -- why is this migration such a huge challenge? I'm not shooting down Kier (although it may seem that way with my previous comments in regards to junk migration tools, but you have to admit his comments about the tool seemed to suggest he was using someone elses') but the question remains. If Kier is the best person to do the migration, and there are multiple major unforeseen challenges -- anyone can see where questions may be raised, and all I'm doing here is saying out loud what many of you guys are thinking.

I swear to god I have never seen some many childish posts than in this thread and the one about Development updates. Who knew kids had so much money to spend on forum software. Enough with the dumbass videos and image posting in replies to people.

Kier already mentioned a very slow net connection, having to babysit small children and other stuff taking time away from the migration. (...which usually is followed by a prompt for manual interaction exactly a minute after you left the computer alone to work for a few hours if my experience is any indication)

Plus, this is probably his best chance to get a feel for the migration tool with a lot of live data and to see where it could use improvements/fixes.

It's done when it's done.

So this is where everyone went.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom