whats up with the SpaceBattles forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these the topics most often discussed on SB forum?
Due to the limitations of the board when a thread exceeded 20 pages it started messing with the board stability. There were twenty some-odd threads with more than twenty pages devoted entirely to My Little Pony. Before we stopped numbering the threads and just named threads after the newest episode, there were between one and two dozen more threads before the the board was taken down to move over to XenForo.
So basically, just a huge Off-Topic forum for the SB fanatics? I thought members there would be more busy discussing mostly, I don't know, space and battle related things?
:D
That's typically in the Debate Forums, specifically in the Versus Debate Forum or it's subforum Sci-Fi Technical Debates. Hot-button topics are the canon status of the Star Wars Incredible Cross-Section, the yield of Mass Accelerator Cannons from Halo, Master Chief Vs Commander Shepard, and whether or not Darth Maul can kill all the Bloods in America. It's also the source of hilarious things like variable yield cannonballs that allow the Black Pearl to take on the USS Enterprise.

Yeh, im too busy making notes of whos going to be used to test the various banning options once we get the site back :p
Oh shizzle.

So bad time to mention that most of these people are in fact some of the average users and our bad users have barely showed up yet?

I have the current email address of one of the nastiest. He might still be on parole but Im sure he could sweet talk his PO.

At least Dayton3 hasn't shown up yet.

You know, for the longest time I thought he was one of LS's socks.

Hmmm... I wonder who could troll the hardest and most successfully?

Lord Squishy vs O'Reilly or Dayton3 vs Olbermann? Hmmmm.... I wonder which egotistical twit would end up raging incoherently first?

Vashon, weren't you banned?
confused.gif

Anyway, one thing I am noticing about XenForo is that with this default skin it occasionally makes it difficult, at a glance, to identify where one post ends and the next begins. I hope SB's SB skin will fix that.

Anyway, one thing I am noticing about XenForo is that with this default skin it occasionally makes it difficult, at a glance, to identify where one post ends and the next begins. I hope SB's SB skin will fix that.

Agreed. Same for signitures; that thin dotted light blue line kinda blends into the background.

Tho I don't expect it'd be a problem with SB's colour scheme, even if we went with the same general look, which I suspect we aren't.

Due to the limitations of the board when a thread exceeded 20 pages it started messing with the board stability. There were twenty some-odd threads with more than twenty pages devoted entirely to My Little Pony. Before we stopped numbering the threads and just named threads after the newest episode, there were between one and two dozen more threads before the the board was taken down to move over to XenForo.

Speaking of the 20 page threads, are there plans to merge them into one thread apiece or leave the current ones as is?

Speaking of the 20 page threads, are there plans to merge them into one thread apiece or leave the current ones as is?

Probably best to leave it as-is; little to gain while being extra work for staff and some thread OPs or players keeping the newest itterations of their character sheet or OOB or whatnot up to date; a merge would just bury things, and some of these things have been running for a year or more.

The short threads'll sink quickly enough.

That guy in the video neqrly killwd himaelf with rage.
Vashon, weren't you banned?
confused.gif
Threeday temp for changing "Guys do it all the time" to "Mods do it all the time". It was a gun thread in the war room and I think it was Minohtar who did it. It was set to expire the 26th at 10:00pm. The ban sticker said no reason specified. Thing was is that I was also muted and blinded. I thought most forums only did that to permbanned members but yet my ban thingy said it wpuld expire 10:00pm the 26th.

Anyways...

How about a Canadian-American talk show with Lord Squishy and Dayton3? First episode as it were would be about comparing Trailer Park Boys and The Dukes of Hazzard.

Oh yeah, you were talking out your butt about how bullpups are so obviously better than traditional guns and the US military was stupid for not switching to them, even though the AR15 platform has infinitely better ergonomics than any bullpup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom