what's a good antivirus program?

I use Microsoft Security Essentials. Got annoyed with Norton Security after it for no apparent reason crashed on me, with no other solution then uninstall, which left a lot of crap in the registry, preventing a fresh reinstall.

After I manually cleaned my registry and reinstalled Norton, it started updating, reached the update that caused the crash to begin with, and crashed again. I went with AVG for a while after that, but overall found a good combination of common sense and MSSE as a safety net to work pretty well.

Decided to stick with ESET Smart Security 4 (purchased and installed on my PC and laptop)

So called Anti-Viruses seem to be more dangerous than Viruses. Because they eat more system resources, they watch every single activity (including clicks and mouse movements) in favor of (virtually) protecting your machine.

By the way there are couple of anti-virus programs in the form of Google Chrome extension. Those are supposedly good because they are always up-to-date by taking virus definitions directly from web while scanning.

Use LINUX, stay protected! :)

My pc is acting weird, and I need to find a good anti virus program. Any recommendation?

Disconnecting from the interweb, can't guarantee it'll stop virus penetration but let's do the simple things first. Have you switched the PC on and off?

Top Bottom