XF 1.2 What you see is not what you get

jauburn

I find the editor that xenforo has implemented to be frustrating. Case in point: I paste some text in from Word. The text looks fine. 2 spaces in-between paragraphs. But when I click Preview, all of the spaces between paragraphs are gone! I then have to go insert an extra space between paragraphs in the editor window, which looks like 3 spaces until I preview or save.

Crickets. That's wysiNOTwyg. Why is that? And what's the solution? Thanks.

Sounds like a bug.

You could post that in the bug reports forum.

Probably just need to detail the exact specifics of the issue including XF version, browser, OS, and steps to replicate.

WikiMedia has a plugin that converts Word formatting to the best approximation via CSS. It's as accurate as it can be, but not 100% of course.

@jauburn, you might have better luck offering to pay someone to write an add-on for you rather than waiting for (or demanding that) XenForo to implement the kind of formatting you want.

Personally, I would find the kind of formatting you're looking for to be disruptive. I do as much as I can to limit what a user can "customize" in a post. I think too many text customizations detract from the conversation in the thread.

But that's just me, and that's for a general forum, of course, not a poetry forum like you run.

Top Bottom