What would you pay for xenforo when its released ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodForum.com

Just curious on what the members here would pay for xenforo ... I put the price in yearly terms for simplification ... this could serve as a guide for the owners and lets me test the poll feature :D

You should've given us a choice of ranges like 100-150, etc. and not exact amounts, IMHO.
My answer is anywhere from $100 to $250. So, I can't vote on your poll.

You should've given us a choice of ranges like 100-150, etc. and not exact amounts, IMHO.
My answer is anywhere from $100 to $250. So, I can't vote on your poll.

You're right :( it can still give us a ballpark ... and when we know what
else the Gold release will have we can maybe redo the poll. :)

Simple question deserves a simple answer.... I will pay whatever they sell it for. :)

Exactly what came to mind when I saw the thread title. I'm not concerned about the price, because I know Kier and Mike will come up with something reasonable, all things considered.

This comes to reason that a majority of forum owners do not/can not make money so a few hundred dollars can be a good amount.
For me and many people who run business where forum is just a part of it, the cost is very, very trivial given that our hosting is a few hundred/thousand dollars a month.

It's not like there isn't free option out there. When you take into account that according to Google, you lose 20% of your site traffic if the loading time increase 1 second. (not exact quote but something along this line)

We want the best of the best, cost is not a concern.

Depends on what this software will be able to do.

Being that it will be the new guy on the block i suspect the price will be lower then the competitors and well that IS how it should be done. I don't care who or what is developing it. Asking for trouble if you come out with something new and charge what your competitors are charging and it does not live up to expectations. Plus you have to EARN your users trust and that is not had with a first release. Who is to say it will still be here in a few months, years etc? Thus why again you don't start at or higher then your competitors. :)

I chose "Whatever price they sell it for, I will gladly pay!". However that is to a degree.
I'm not going to pay $1000 for a forum software unless it makes coffee, has a map to the lost city of Atlantis and includes the secret of life.

I've seen some people on this forum, well actually just one person, talk about price as if money is disposable. It is not, it's straight up snobbish.

Here is what I say:
I'll pay what I feel it is worth and not a cent more.

So far I feel it is worth a great deal. However that opinion is wobbly since it seems a question I asked is being avoided, which makes me wonder what will happen when I'm actually a customer. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom