I will have three websites (two for now). I purchase my domains separately (namecheap w00t), but I can't quite remember how to point to my domains, so a no pain setup would be nice. That includes good support.
- Affordability: I'm budgeting for approximately $70/year, not simply the cheapest.
- Support: High degree support please, with my current hosting company I have had responses that had nothing to do with what I was asking about.. "Ticket" / "Chat" system is just fine with me. A public support forum would be considered a plus.
- No pushy sells tactics.. I don't want to have to repeatably say "no" "no" "no"... I hear Go Daddy is like this.
- A clean cPanel. I do not want any advertisements on my cPanel like I have with my current host.
- If something goes wrong, will they eMail me with status updates..
I've been having some issues with my current provider. They "lost" my data, and ever since my two websites have been put back up (using my backups on my computer) my websites load a little slow at times. This week they were even giving 408 errors. It's not just me, but users brought this to my attention.
I also tested it at this website: http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
But what really bothers me is that when the websites first crashed, I was gone for a week, and not once... not once did my hosting company send me an status eMail. And now my sites are noticeably slower loading, as if they put me on a crowded drive?