What server specs should I have?

click here

Just curious what you guys think I should have as far as dedicated server specs goes...

- Here are the specs of my forum.
3.8 million posts
325,000 threads
76,000 registered users
11 GB database
400 GB bandwidth per month

Last edited:
I already have a dedicated server, just wondering what people think I should have as far as dedicated server specs to go with the size of my forum.

Here are the specs of my forum.
It's more about activity and page loads.
You could have a relatively dormant almost read-only site with a low end VPS for that.
Or you need higher specs because you have lots of visits, especially if you get high usage rates around specific events or triggers.

Reactions: Xon
Probably only 100 online at a time but have close to 20,000 pictures in the media gallery alone not counting attachments, probably where most of my 400 GB of bandwidth per month is coming from. How do I find out how many page loads I'm getting?

Probably only 100 online at a time but have close to 20,000 pictures in the media gallery alone not counting attachments, probably where most of my 400 GB of bandwidth per month is coming from. How do I find out how many page loads I'm getting?
A 2GB or 4GB RAM VPS will easily handle 100 users, likely the latter would be better so you can but a little more into DB cache.
You could look into a CDN service to offload the images to reduce server load and bandwidth
Page loads can come from Google Analytics, if you're utilising it.

Top Bottom