1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are the server specs for xenforo community?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by FeelingPeckish, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FeelingPeckish

FeelingPeckish New Member

I wonder what kind of server would it require to run this forum smoothly? Like with almost 100k members and online users atm which I don't see a page for them.

2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Impossible question to answer, it depends on your site, your addons, what your users are doing.

Generally however, if you use another software, XenForo will be easier on the resources, so run quicker. Just look out for innodb tuning.

FeelingPeckish likes this.
  3. fos

fos Active Member

I think the OP means "THIS" forum, Xenforo.com ?

I am curious as well...

4. FeelingPeckish

Yes. I meant this forum, xenforo.com/community

5. FeelingPeckish

I'm asking this because I had a forum with 250k+ members, 1m+ posts and with 2k+ online and my server barely handle them. Server specs: Xeon e3-1275 v5, 64gb ram, 2x4tb sata hdd and 1gbit/s connection.

6. thedude

thedude Well-Known Member

It was running XenForo? If so it must not have been tuned properly (the database settings and other server settings) to lag with a solid machine like that.

Tracy Perry likes this.
  7. FeelingPeckish

Yeah it is running XenForo.

8. thedude

thedude Well-Known Member

It needs tuning like I mentioned and/or you're running some add-ins that weren't built to scale to larger loads properly. There are a few guys on here that offer services to check out those issues.

We have just as many online users as what you mentioned, but with a smaller server and have no speed issues.

9. FeelingPeckish

I see. I'll check the tunning out. Thanks!

10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

For any further support related issues, you will need to associate your forum user name with your license and post in the customer forums.

semprot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.