What are the server specs for xenforo community?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what kind of server would it require to run this forum smoothly? Like with almost 100k members and online users atm which I don't see a page for them.

I wonder what kind of server would it require to run this forum smoothly? Like with almost 100k members and online users atm which I don't see a page for them.

Impossible question to answer, it depends on your site, your addons, what your users are doing.

Generally however, if you use another software, XenForo will be easier on the resources, so run quicker. Just look out for innodb tuning.

I'm asking this because I had a forum with 250k+ members, 1m+ posts and with 2k+ online and my server barely handle them. Server specs: Xeon e3-1275 v5, 64gb ram, 2x4tb sata hdd and 1gbit/s connection.

I'm asking this because I had a forum with 250k+ members, 1m+ posts and with 2k+ online and my server barely handle them. Server specs: Xeon e3-1275 v5, 64gb ram, 2x4tb sata hdd and 1gbit/s connection.
It was running XenForo? If so it must not have been tuned properly (the database settings and other server settings) to lag with a solid machine like that.

Yeah it is running XenForo.
It needs tuning like I mentioned and/or you're running some add-ins that weren't built to scale to larger loads properly. There are a few guys on here that offer services to check out those issues.

We have just as many online users as what you mentioned, but with a smaller server and have no speed issues.

For any further support related issues, you will need to associate your forum user name with your license and post in the customer forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom