What PC Cleaners do you all use?

MSE & Malwarebytes. Nothing else is needed if you look after your computer.
And don't hook it into that awful InterNet, and don't attach any portable media or enable any modems... better yet, don't even turn it on. :p
Actually, I've gotten where I LOVE Malwarebytes.. it's made me quite a bit of pocket change recently from folks that don't practice safe hex.

Remember going with Malwarebytes after it got rid of a nasty malware that hijacked my desktop, while the other anti-spyware programs kept on brutally destroying suspicious cookies for me but not the hijacker.

Using a combination of Avira AntiVir and Malwarebytes.

Nothing. And I mean *nothing*. No antivirus, no other placebo "I will make your PC 10% faster and more secure" crap (in reality, every additional software running will make the computer slower).

It's all a matter of knowledge and how one is using a computer. After a clean boot, my Win 8 uses around 500MB RAM, with 23 (or so) processes running. Clean, fast, simple. I don't like to spend hundreds on hardware only to waste all the resources with useless background crap.

There are basically only two things I do every now and then:

a) defragmenting the system partition
b) cleaning up, compacting and defragmenting the registry.

None. I find they kill your comp fast. I have found some virus programs even download viruses to keep you paying.

I look keep a tab on the files on my computer and if something comes up look for .exe files and delete them.

Nothing. And I mean *nothing*. No antivirus, no other placebo "I will make your PC 10% faster and more secure" crap (in reality, every additional software running will make the computer slower).

It's all a matter of knowledge and how one is using a computer.

100% agree.

I keep a image of my installation for my windows machine with everything set up as I want, updating the image I save every year or so for updates/service packs etc. I have NEVER had a virus I use Firefox with No Script, AdBlock Plus and DoNotTrackMe addons for all browsing. I don't understand how anyone with a comparable level of IT skills would get a virus in the first place, they should know better.

Top Bottom